Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

On 07/05/2021 at 17:05, Mouldy said:

Moving houses and more crucially area, between jabs has caused a minor issue for me.  We’ve registered with the local medical centre and one of the questions asked on the registration form was regarding any injections over the past five years.  I put that I’d had my first Covid jab on 18th February, expecting that it would be heeded and the second one planned accordingly, but it wasn’t.  I’ve had to chase about this week to find out where and when it can be given, but have finally managed to secure an appointment at Thetford tomorrow morning.  I also had a text from our old surgery in Northampton, offering me an appointment on Sunday, but to be honest, a 220 mile round trip for it didn’t really appeal, although I would have gone if I hadn’t got one more locally.

We booked our jabs through the NHS site, just a week or two before our local surgery contacted us.

Before we went up to Anglesey a few weekends back, Graham picked up some of the testing kits from the pharmacy in our Sainsbury's store. My cousin had offered to feed us whilst we were spending the weekend cleaning my father in law's house (didn't fancy cooking in his kitchen given the state we'd found it in), so we thought we should test ourselves before meeting up with more family members.

Not the most pleasant kit to use, but reassuring all the same.

• Like 2

Had my second jab yesterday, Pfizer at Hoveton village hall..  The "stabber " was a retired theatre Nurse with knowledge of Anaesthetics.. ,, No stickers issued other than the label applied to  the card which says what you've been stabbed in the arm with..

She was most surprised when on her asking me am I allergic to anything, I replied " I'm susceptible to Malignant Hyperpyrexia under Anaesthesia" in her career I was the first she'd met.. Though she'd had training on the problem...

I was going to say I had no reaction to the second jab except a sore arm... But since I started typing this I'm beginning to feel exceedingly hot..  But the temperature of the lab is 23.08C well within the 23+- 0.5C it's allowed..

Ah the instrument I'm to measure has finally settled , time to get to work..

34 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Had my second jab yesterday, Pfizer at Hoveton village hall..

Me and t'other half were there yesterday too, both had our first Pfizer jab, Eileen was in the next booth and I heard the nurse say to her "just a small prick" to which Eileen replied "Well, he does have his good points"... 

*###* heck!

No side effects from the jab apart from being very tender where they jabbed me, we have an eye level grill in the boat with a pull down glass door....guess who just walked into the sharp corner of it right on the spot where jabbed, even put a hole in my t-shirt sleeve..ouch!....😠.....

Nice toast love.

Happens all the time.Again reminds when I had the jab.When I got home,I sat down.Our dog jumped on my lap.I couldn't  stopp him.That made my eyes water I can tell you.

So in short.If you have pain anywhere. It will always  get a whack.

48 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Happens all the time.Again reminds when I had the jab.When I got home,I sat down.Our dog jumped on my lap.I couldn't  stopp him.That made my eyes water I can tell you.

So in short.If you have pain anywhere. It will always  get a whack.

Just where the heck did they inject you Ian? :default_biggrin:

(see smoggy had the same thought)