Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

Had a text from our medical practice late on Tuesday afternoon, inviting me to go on their website to book my first jab and had it earlier this afternoon.  Must confess that I was surprised as I’m not 65 yet and even got this for being a brave little soldier!!

46A4FA90-C59F-43C7-8339-1A5416B52707.jpeg

• Like 2

well I suppose that being a university city some 1/3 of our population are students, since they are all learning remotely at the moment, I guess that means the local practices are getting through their patient lists quite quickly, obviously in age priority. I had mine yesterday, and though I felt fine this morning with just a sore arm, felt a little listless at the 24 hour point after the jab, nothing I can put my finger on, just a slight muzziness, not quite a headache, but I guess that means the vaccine is at work doing its thing. if that is all the price I have to pay for getting the vaccine i cant grumble.

• Like 1

63 and also Diabetic, got my phone call yesterday, appointment Hoveton Village hall next Thursday (along with SWMBO 61 with Kidney problems).

Being ex miltary we've both had many jabs, though my last update  with 4 more reinforcement jabs was in 96 going to the Falklands as a civilian

A friend of mine, a lady aged 76 who in the last year has had major surgery for cancer and is still receiving treatment had her first jab about 3 weeks ago and received a text yesterday telling her that  as she is considered vulnerable she must continue isoiating until March 31st. 

Carole

18 minutes ago, addicted said:

A friend of mine, a lady aged 76 who in the last year has had major surgery for cancer and is still receiving treatment had her first jab about 3 weeks ago and received a text yesterday telling her that  as she is considered vulnerable she must continue isoiating until March 31st. 

Carole

I had an email yesterday telling me to do the same.

yes i believe they have widened the criteria to make the list for those who are now considered high risk, i too got an email saying the same, giving no detail about the added risk, I also noticed that the email said that the isolation was only advisory, and not compulsory. as the main support of 3 elderly people (my mother in law and my parents), I consider that continuing to support them is more crucial considering I have been exposed to the same risk for nearly a year already, it does however give me grounds to refuse a call from my employer to come back into the office should this lockdown be relaxed prior to march 31st. I will still be taking all of the precautions that I have been to this point. after the influx of cases with the kent variant the numbers in kent are once again falling with just 13 new cases in my location and 5 in the adjacent voting area which I now fall under, its silly that the voting areas have been updated but the boundary map showing them still falls in the old boundary, so I can fall within an area on the map,yet for the purpose of number of cases I actually fall in a different area.

If I isolate and dont go shopping then 4 people need to get online shopping, 3 of which dont have the facility to actually order online.

43 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Did anybody else deemed to be clinically extremely vulnerable take up the offer from the government of free vitamin D tablets?

Merely vulnerable, but I take a multivitamin anyway, Metformin for diabetes, strips Vitamine B12 from the body which is not good for remaining compos mentis over a long time..

1 hour ago, grendel said:

If I isolate and dont go shopping then 4 people need to get online shopping, 3 of which dont have the facility to actually order online.

You could add their delivery addresses to your account and do their shopping online for them that way. 

Just now, SwanR said:

You could add their delivery addresses to your account and do their shopping online for them that way. 

I could, but then the chances of the deliveries ending at the wrong address, plus i doubt i would get 3 delivery slots a week, plus I dont have any online accounts with any supermarkets and the primary one I use doesnt do online shopping. added to that the secondary reason I visit them is to make sure they are coping  and keep an eye on them. my mother is 91 now and my dad only a couple of years younger, they are of the generation that doesnt call anyone to help, they just soldier on, so I need to know they are safe and secure.

• Like 2