Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Did anybody else deemed to be clinically extremely vulnerable take up the offer from the government of free vitamin D tablets?

Yes I received them a couple of weeks ago. My daughter had already bought me some on a Boots 3 for 2 offer so i should be OK until I can get out more often in the sunshine(?).

My wife applied for the free vitamin D tablets and they arrived in the post today.

We tried to book home grocery deliveries when this all started last March but supermarkets were fully booked and not taking on new online customers. A short time later, the government letter arrived telling her to self isolate as she was extremely vulnerable and when she registered the letter on the gov website, minutes later a number of supermarkets emailed to say she was a priority customer and we have had online food deliveries ever since. Works really well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webntweb said:

Yes I received them a couple of weeks ago. My daughter had already bought me some on a Boots 3 for 2 offer so i should be OK until I can get out more often in the sunshine(?).

I had been taking Tesco’s High Strength vitamin D tablets which are one and a half times stronger than those supplied free of charge. Still, something for free has to be a bonus. Nice strong, warm sunshine will be very welcome to replace the tablets!

• Like 1

Hopefully, come the spring, the government will see they can save money by stopping free vitamin D tablets and letting us get back on our boats to absorb vitamin D from the fresh air and sunshine.

Seriously though, not long now, stay safe.

mine said that too, but they also said it would take a week to set up if you already had an account, longer if you were setting a new one up, since the people that rely on me for assistance with shopping dont have the internet they cannot register themselves, and I cannot do it for them as for priority slots this would mean obtaining their NHS numbers, by the time I have done all of this and done any shopping necessary before then, we will be half way through march so it seems a little pointless for just 2 weeks. since one of the exceptions to shielding is your support bubble (it assumes that the support bubble is supporting the person shielding, and doesnt allow for the fact that you may be supporting someone else, ie it assumes your support bubble can get you shopping etc, where in fact I am supporting 3 elderly people). as such and having taken stock of the risks involved (no worse than they were last week when I went shopping) I will continue to do things as I have been for the last 11 months, ie not go out unnecessarily, work from home, take care when shopping to maintain social distancing and wear a face covering. then thoroughly wash my hands when i get home, sanitising them between shops.. The email specifically said that this was advice to shield not an order to shield and that the information was provided to allow us to assess the risks and make a choice, I have given careful thought to this, assessed the risk and chosen to support my 3 elderly relatives. this is being done carefully with 2 weeks between the two support bubbles to ensure maximum protection to all. I dont go anywhere else other than shopping for myself and my support bubbles, I have little contact outside other than by zoom meetings or ms teams at work. the postman puts the letters by the door and retreats to the end of the path. if matters changed drastically- eg they suddenly announced that you didnt need to wear masks when shopping, then i would reassess the risks, and maybe avoid some of the shops. generally the shops i have visited locally have been very compliant with the regulations, and the customers and staff are all following guidelines, if i do see someone without a mask, I will either wait or take steps to avoid them. for the government to suddenly decide after 11 months that I am now at a higher risk than i have been during that 11 months, when nothing else has changed, ie i have not suddenly developed a new medical condition. I have managed to avoid contracting this virus (to my knowledge) so far, so i am unlikely to be any more vulnerable now than I have been to date, especially now the local rates are dropping back down to previous low levels.

Think your doing  the right  thing.Throughout we've been careful  not to take unnecessary risks.I do believe  we're at the top of the hill and slowly  going down the other  side.What happens regarding  shielding after March 31 remains to be seen.It may still be worthwhile making a call to see what help is available. 

12 minutes ago, snunn said:

Still no news hear of any appointments will just have to try to be patient it’s getting more and more difficult every time I hear of someone having the vaccine 

To be honest, I was shocked that I was invited to have the jab as early as I was.  It had only just been announced that the 65 - 69 age group were due and I’d expected that early March would be the earliest I could hope for.  I understand the programme of vaccinations in our area has progressed well and is running ahead of schedule, although a friend of mine who is one year younger than I and lives on the same estate, but attends a different medical practice, has yet to have his jab.

Anybody who meets the criteria can use the NHS website to book their vaccines. Basically anyone over 64, frontline health and social care workers or if you are eligible for Carers allowance. You can also use the service on behalf of someone else in case they are not able to use a computer or connected to the internet.

Other groups who are eligible for the vaccine, but have not yet been contacted shouldn't use the link, but wait to be contacted.

Book a coronavirus vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

We had a call today to say our second jab due on the 12th of March is now going to be on the 10th because the vaccine we were due to have has to be used by the 12th!

Blaydon on Tyne seems to be too good they have no vaccine this week.

If you have not been contacted and are over 60, ring 119 you should have been contacted by now.

If you have been contacted and not gone for a jab, stop reading the (anti) social media!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember wikipedia is edited by those that believe they are right but usually wrong.

paul

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

If you have not been contacted and are over 60, ring 119 you should have been contacted by now.

They are currently working their way through group 5 the over 65's and group 6 those with underlying health conditions.

The NHS Covid booking site says 

If you are not eligible yet

Wait to be contacted. The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine. It's important not to contact the NHS for a vaccination before then.

The criteria from that website is over 64's, health and social care workers and those eligible for carer's allowance.

Book a coronavirus vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

They are probably busy enough at the moment, I don't mind waiting my turn.