Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

1 hour ago, floydraser said:

Again, thanks to all the car park marshalls who are getting intermittent drownings followed by a cold blow dry.

My other half has been doing a few vax centres but has managed to be on inside jobs so far, it's surprisingly hard to get on them as a volunteer as it's all done through the RVS app around here and there's no notification when they come in and they get jumped on pretty quick, unlike the regular volunteer stuff like shopping and prescriptions that have a loud siren and people saying they have been trying for a couple of days to get the help, it seems a lot of folk have signed up purely for the vax clinics.

• Like 1

My daughter (28) had AZ last Monday & was completely K/O on Tuesday.  Bit better Wednesday & back at work Thursday.

She works in the forensic medicine dept of the large Hamburg hospital (UKE).  She said a cooleague of hers who is totally fit etc had never been so ill as the day after his AZ.  Others were OK.

MIL (she is 91) had BionTech/Pfizer 2 weeks ago with hardly a side-effect.  Just wife & I are "in the middle" with no prospect of vaccination in sight.  There is a vaccination centre within walking distance.

my 31 year old daughter got hers yesterday, she is asthmatic, and works in a non patient facing role in the NHS, it seems that at least in the UK, we are getting the vaccines out there, her boyfriend works in a care home so had his a few months back, she was the last in my immediate family to get the vaccine, everyone is now jabbed.

• Like 1

Is anybody worried about having the OxfordAZ jab bearing in mind the fuss the EU is now making? I’m certainly not, just glad to have had a jab. If you compare the OAZ with the Pfizer vaccine, the stats really aren’t too different so I can’t understand the concern. 

• Like 3

37 cases of blood clots recorded that have yet to be identified as actually being caused by the vaccine when there have been over 17 million doses given. Compare that to at one stage just after Christmas something like 1 in 33 people in the UK had corona virus. I've had my jab and would still take it if I hadn't already had it. Mine was AZ and apart from feeling groggy for 24hrs no bad side effects.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

My view would be that the vaccine rollout is going so well that the media need something negative to report on...

To be fair to the press, they are not making the news, just reporting on it. I more wonder at the motives of the EU sour grapes who have consistently got it wrong with their own vaccine programs, from procurement to rollout.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Mine was AZ and apart from feeling groggy for 24hrs no bad side effects.

We both had the AZ vaccine, my better half had the same reaction as you whilst I had no reaction at all. Anybody know yet if the second jab produces the same reaction as the first? 

I've not heard anything, but I'm about 10 weeks away from finding out. There has been some speculation that if you've already had Covid then the immune system kicks in faster in reaction to the vaccine and therefore you feel more groggy after having the vaccine, compared to those who haven't had Covid. Sounds plausible, but I don't think it is anything more than speculation.

I had the AZ vaccine on Saturday lunchtime. During the night i was shivering then sweating, took some paracetamol and felt generally pretty rubbish on Sunday. Tbh I wasn’t expecting a reaction as I had Covid last March and still had antibodies in July.  I felt fine by Monday  apart from my arm which still feels like a pulled muscle sort of discomfort but nothing bad.    Just so happy Ive had the first one and roll on the next one! 

• Like 5

Booked in for mine tomorrow. Happy to go. 37 cases of blood clots in 17m injections sounds remarkably low. Normal incident should be a few hundred. I know in Europe they have a much lower take up of the regular flu vaccine so maybe politicians have to take a different approach with the public there. 

28 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

That is my view as well!

Yes, I agree 'Sour Grapes'  If the vaccine was from Bremen University and not Oxford, I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem. Ursula von der Leyen did did her best to punish us over Brexit, trying to stop it happening and now she's in charge of coordinating the EU vaccine roll out. It would be funny if it wasn't so dreadfully tragic for the older people in the EU being unnecessarily left vulnerable to the virus.

Had my Oxford AZ a month ago and looking forward to the 2nd 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Think it's funny they want us to have a vaccine passport before we can visit!

I did get them to put the batch sticker in my RAF 'jab book' so do effectivly have a complete jab history for the last 36 years

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 15:35, SwanR said:

They’re definitely starting on the next age group. I got my letter today too. Booking online means I don’t get the option of the village hall near me but I figured it better to get booked than to wait for the GP to get in touch. It also meant that I had to book my second appointment as well which I found reassuring. 

Closest option was North Walsham. So my appointment is booked for the week after next. Waiting time almost done! I know our children will feel reassured when we’ve both had the vaccination even though they’ve got to wait. 

I'm 32 and my wife is 29, we've got our vaccine booked in for Saturday. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me. 

• Like 2

First jab booked for Tuesday, guesstimate the second will be early June. Quite pleased as Im at the extreme low end of the current cohort age band. Wont be letting the guard down at all though, know someone who has been struck down with Covid about 3 weeks after the first AZ jab. Only time my younger wife has been jealous of my advancing years lol.

• Like 1

Surprise, surprise!

We had a phone call from the doctor this morning, and we have both had the jab. We also have a date for the 2nd one, on 2nd June.

I had assumed we weren't going to get anything until the autumn, if you go by all the bad news about Europe.  It was the Astra Zenica jab as well - I suggested to the doctor he had been holding that for us, as it is only fit for the British!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5