Investment Opportunity In Reedham

NorfolkNog

Keep running Jay,

My eldest son has suffered some serious mental health issues for the last couple of years. He started boxing and weights but switched to running at the start of the first lockdown. He now runs every other day and does a full 26 miles once each week.

He starts to decline if he can't get out at least three times a week. In the snow he found a local running track to use.

Do what helps you.

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire

It's been a hard old time for everyone lately and having something to look forward to is vitally important.

Whilst it isn't exactly worded for the members of this forum, some words echoing around the running community have helped me recently as I took on the 874 mile (virtual unfortunately) Lands End to John O'Groats challenge

I hope anyone in need can relate right now (despite the subject) and they help anyone else in need until we can all get back out and doing what we love to do

If the mountain seems too big today, then climb a hill instead

If the morning brings you sadness, It's ok to stay in bed

If your day ahead weighs heavy and your plans feel like a curse, there's no shame in rearranging, don't make yourself feel worse

If a shower stings like needles and a bath feels like you'll drown, If you haven't washed your hair in days don't throw away your crown

A day is not a lifetime, a rest is not defeat, dont think of it as failure just a quiet kind retreat.

It's ok to take a moment from an anxious, fractured mind. The world will not stop turning while you get realigned 

The mountain will still be there for you, when you want to try again. You can climb it in your own sweet time, just love yourself till then

17 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

And me. The moorings are nearly always full overnight, and it attracts many motorists, who park up overlooking the river. Once the triangular walk to the Ferry Inn reopens, that will add another string to it's bow. We used to visit the Lord Nelson when the last deceased landlord was there. Used to offer a wonderful evening of entertainment, with the various bands and live music in general. Always a stopover point for me, as so much going on with the passing/mooring river traffic. 

The Permissive Path section from the Village to the River re-opened last October but the Public Footpath along the Yare is a bit rough & muddy where the Environment Agency raised the flood-bank last summer It should be fine by May

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, marshman said:

I accept that Reedham must offer something to some people but I wasn't sure about PW's idea of a Tourist Information office.

The idea of an information/education centre was that it could add to the attraction of Reedham. I'm not advocating a mega vanity project, a temple to the non existent, but it would see a practical use of a large boat shed. The Southern Rivers have a lot going for it, not least its history. The Lowestoft to Norwich navigatiion, the Wherry builders, the Roman occupation, the Cathedral builders, the breweries, the agriculture (sugar beet for example), the nature reserves, Breydon Water and more. Reedham is central to all that, what better place is there on the mighty Yare? Heritage, history, culture, conservation, the best angling on the Broads, best pubs on the Broads, all waiting to be celebrated.

• Like 2

Guest Jayfire
17 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

9am, blast bor, I'm underway before then but thanks, on behalf of the sloths amongst us, for that snippet of useful information.

A 5am stomach filler is handy for those of us returning back from an evening of fine entertainment and drinks at Mantra's in Norwich on a Sunday morning too, am I right JM :default_norty:

25 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

A 5am stomach filler is handy for those of us returning back from an evening of fine entertainment and drinks at Mantra's in Norwich on a Sunday morning too, am I right JM :default_norty:

As a simple, aged hippy, I wouldn't know about such places!

I'd rather the boom of a pair of randy bitterns than I would the boom from a bank of base speakers.

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

I'd rather the boom of a pair of randy bitterns than I would the boom from a bank of base speakers.

Absolutely agree Sir, I love spending the day with my randy birds pair, and I wouldn't swap them for a night in any club going :default_norty: