iPhone

Guest mariotech

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Question - what do I do with the old phone - Give it away?  Sell it?  Don't want to keep it as I spare, as we used to do that and they never saw the light of day again

It is worth trying local phone repair shops as the buy used phones.

You could just wipe it, reset it completely and then take it for recycling or leave out with your kerbside collection of small electricals if your council has that set up. Personally I haven’t bothered to do anything other than that. All I’m concerned with is secure disposal that’s also good for the planet. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Dare I now use the phone to pay for stuff other than using cards?

If you download the Wetherspoons app, or the Greene King app you can place an order for beer and pay using your phone all without moving from the table, then within a short while said beer arrives as if by magic. Very useful in The Kings Head Hoveton beer garden. 

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Got the Dad proof protector fitted and facial unlock sorted (wow) a revelation is that.

Did you get the protector for the camera as well? :default_norty: No seriously there is a glass protector you can get for the camera lens as well.

2 hours ago, Meantime said:

Did you get the protector for the camera as well? :default_norty: No seriously there is a glass protector you can get for the camera lens as well.

I had one of those when I had an iPhone 11.  It lasted about an hour before it broke.  As long as you don’t put your phone in a pocket with keys or money (and how likely is that for a Yorkshire man? :default_hiding:), it should be fine!!