Would You Come On A Boating Holiday If The Pubs Are Closed?

JennyMorgan

I shall be on my boat as soon as Boris allows me to pubs or not. Not cleaning a 42 footer takes much longer than not cleaning a 27 footer, so I'm going to be very busy for the first couple of days.

How busy the waterways will be doesn't really matter, in fact I can see some positives if it's very busy. More wild mooring, more mid broad mudweighting and finding places I've never moored at before spring quickly to mind. 

• Like 5

I doubt I'll book time off work till the pubs re-open in some capacity, a few weekends of boat maintainence will probably be the idea till they open but I don't have power at my regular mooring so always aim for the ferryhouse to do my jobs and have to drink beer while I'm there.

Drinking on board is just not the same., we don't have much to talk about at home so why will it be different sat on a boat, at least in a pub you end up talking to others about different things.

Roll on pubs!

• Like 1

I will come as soon as allowed pubs or not,last year was not the best with chemotherapy and hair loss. This year has started well recovering and growing new hair  thanks to excellent NHS. Norfolk Dream needs some TLC which I cannot wait to give her. Hoping for good news tomorrow from Boris and pubs would be a nice bonus

• Like 2

Those that know me know that I’m often to be found propping the bars up whilst on The Broads , but to me the pubs are a bonus my first love is being afloat .

A side effect if the pubs are closed will be that the more peaceful moorings away from such facilities may well be more popular than usual, as indeed so may be wild moorings .

Oh the cleaning! will no one think of the cleaning?

The sound of pressure washers filling the air!

Finding that cloth you left lying around that's now a home to mould.

The moment of wonder when your water springs to life hopefully not to a spring.

piles of dead batteries.

cant wait.

Can't wait to get back on the broads and will do so, as soon as we are allowed. 

We love going for a meal in a pub but being on the boat is the most important thing and at least the bar onboard will be open.

My wife has just received another government letter advising her to continue shielding until the end of March, which of course means me as well, otherwise it's pointless. So we will take enough food and drink to be self sufficient and just enjoy the freedom. 

Absolutely 100%. For us the pubs account for 25% of our holiday enjoyment. The older we get we find mud weighting in the likes of Ranworth Broad, cold glass of wine in hand watching the word go by to be pretty much perfect. Even better if it's a nice sunny warm evening 👌

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lulu said:

All I want to do is check on the boat. It’s a hard earned , expensive piece of property that I’m worried sick about. Ive honestly got to the stage I don’t care about even staying on it. 

If the news is right then day trips will be allowed from 29th March and the stay at home, stay local order will be removed so you should be able to see it then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lulu said:

All I want to do is check on the boat. It’s a hard earned , expensive piece of property that I’m worried sick about. Ive honestly got to the stage I don’t care about even staying on it. 

I saw mine just over 3 weeks ago and replaced the knackered bilge pump and pumped the water out, I was lucky enough to get a van job going close by so wasn't going to leave it any longer knowing it had a problem like that, ran my genny for an hour to give the batteries a boost too, looks like end of march will be the next brief visit.

Interesting that the Stay At Home rule ends on the 29th March, though people should "try" to stay local. Sounds as though those with their own boats, will be able to stay on them from that date, before the self contained holiday lets open up. (Doesn't apply to me). Sure the BA will clarify. 

11 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Interesting that the Stay At Home rule ends on the 29th March, though people should "try" to stay local. Sounds as though those with their own boats, will be able to stay on them from that date, before the self contained holiday lets open up. (Doesn't apply to me). Sure the BA will clarify. 

No. If you read the details there are no overnight stays allowed until 12th April.

29 minutes ago, Cal said:

No. If you read the details there are no overnight stays allowed until 12th April.

Haven't seen that yet Cal. Also, it's less than helpful to the self contained accommodation owners that the start date is MONDAY 12th April. Saturday 10th for owners would have made more sense.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Haven't seen that yet Cal. Also, it's less than helpful to the self contained accommodation owners that the start date is MONDAY 12th April. Saturday 10th for owners would have made more sense.

Exactly what I was thinking, especially as we're due up on the 10th !  We'll wait until full details are published as to whether we can still leave on the 10th, if not it looks like an early start on the 12th !

12 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Exactly what I was thinking, especially as we're due up on the 10th !  We'll wait until full details are published as to whether we can still leave on the 10th, if not it looks like an early start on the 12th !

Pretty much explains it all fairly concisely.

steps.thumb.jpg.c664b4aabecc8ec42f7ad45c4a4c6b4e.jpg

• Like 1