Holiday Freedom

Andrewcook

2 hours ago, RS2021 said:

Until 17 May, self catering holidays are restricted to single households, so the yards may still see cancellations on larger boats - or offer discounts for smaller parties - in the first few weeks. 

Yes, and a good few will have had to cancel as their holiday should have started the Saturday before the Monday start date..

11 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Yes, and a good few will have had to cancel as their holiday should have started the Saturday before the Monday start date..

I guess another slightly less palatable option would be to keep the booking but arrive to pick your boat up first thing Monday morning and have a shorter but no less welcome break. I think the weekend after is the start of half term break and prices go up anyway and then there is the bank holiday weekend, so keeping a shorter week in the lower rate period might be more preferable than pushing it back.

1 hour ago, DAVIDH said:

I'm booked for the week before with a group of mates so that's not going to happen! I'll keep the booking but will be a different crew.

• Sad 2