3 Prosecuted For Navigation Offences

MaceSwinger

• MaceSwinger changed the title to 3 Prosecuted For Navigation Offences

one of those incidents was reported by forum members

some of the evidence provided by forum members was instrumental in securing that prosecution.

It does prove that rather than just complaining on social media, if you stand forward and report things to the authority, then your assistance can lead to a successful prosecution. in this instance video evidence was provided showing the excessive speed, as well as corroborating evidence showing the boat name and registration

• Like 5

Well done to all concerned.

The spin provided with the report is misleading, namely:

“Maintaining the 126 miles of navigational waters is expensive, and all the money raised from our boat owners’ tolls is spent on maintenance, dredging and navigational improvements”.

All the money, is none hived off for so called 'overheads'? It certainly has been in the past, to the tune of about 40%.

Interestingly non of the miscreants are sailing boaters! Just a thought, perhaps the motor boat toll should be raised to pay for possible prosecution, surely you'll all agree to that!!

Don't expect too many mind paying for someone to help coordinate some prosecutions - not before time!

However my guess is it would be inappropriate to send videos in of exceeding the speed limit in your opinion- lets deal with the ones where its obvious its a flagrant breach of the byelaws and obvious from a video!!!

Pete - I accept your comment but its better than no prosecutions going ahead at all!!!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, stumpy said:

Sometimes you just have to see the name on a boat to know the owner is a cockwomble. 

Go on then -  I'll ask - what is cockwomble?

Have you noticed that all three boat's names have a certain ring to them "Disco Volante"  Beaver Las Vegas" and "Yeah Buoy".

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Interestingly non of the miscreants are sailing boaters! Just a thought, perhaps the motor boat toll should be raised to pay for possible prosecution, surely you'll all agree to that!!

You appear to have forgotten, or are ignoring, that the toll for a motor cruiser is already 26% higher than that of a motorised sailing boat of equivalent block area and 39% higher than an equivalent sailing cruiser. The last thing we need is another wedge driven between boaters.

3 minutes ago, Paladin said:

You appear to have forgotten, or are ignoring, that the toll for a motor cruiser is already 26% higher than that of a motorised sailing boat of equivalent block area and 39% higher than an equivalent sailing cruiser. The last thing we need is another wedge driven between boaters.

I rather hoped that the explanation marks, as well the final comment, would have been sufficient to indicate a tongue in cheek comment from yours truly. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Cockwomble (noun) A person, usually male, prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behaviour while generally having a very high opinion of their own wisdom and importance.

Oh right - met a few of these in my lifetime I can tell you,  especially at work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Oh right - met a few of these in my lifetime I can tell you,  especially at work.

We have a great many in my "organisation", and we prefer slightly more colourful terms for them than cockwomble! Although sometimes we use that term with the "womble" omitted. 

• Haha 3