morning all

Guest robp2023

just to say now then new to the site thought i should join as going on first braods holiday in august and wanted to get some good info from people who actually have been rather then in a flier or book.

going to be fishing solid for a week so any hotspots or tackle recommended would be a great help dont mind any type of fishing and do a bit of fluff chucking to deabaiting not really bothered about about the pole fishing though.

anyway any advice is very welcome.

cheers:Stinky

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum :wave . I`m sure you already know the Broads is an anglers paradise, which can produce huge bags all over the network. The best person to ask is w44nty who i believe is Norwich born and bred, and is probably the most knowledgeable forumite on fishing the Broads. I think he`s away in his caravan for a week, but i`m sure he`ll point you in the right direction as to baits, rigs, species and locations, as well as the best times of day, year etc. I`m assuming you`ve hired a boat, which will give you an excellent opportunity to get you places you can`t get to via road and foot. What boat have you hired and from what yard?. One last thing, groups of fishermen (and women) are well known for hiring boats for a week and getting to their favourite spot early, so don`t be disappointed, there are simply loads of good "out of the way" moorings on quiet rivers to set up for a days (or nights or weeks) fishing. Have a great holiday. Regards .............. Neil.

Hi,Robp,welcome to the forum, you'll enjoy the broads but not at the mo as we have had several days of very windy conditions and i suspect there have been plenty of boat bashing going on.. cheersbar

Hi, Rob, welcome aboard for us!

Barry, you're not wrong!!! It was pretty bad at Dilham yesterday and even worse at Wayford Bridge today! :o:o:o