New Broads Authority

Ray

I have noticed elsewhere that the BA is fondly referred to as the NBA and has been for quite a while. Doesn't tell me why though! 

Since I refuse point blank to pay my toll until at least five minutes before I cast off for the new season means that I haven't seen the N added to BA. My only recent correspondence has been with the planning department and perhaps the 'New' hasn't permeated that particular office yet.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I have noticed elsewhere that the BA is fondly referred to as the NBA and has been for quite a while. Doesn't tell me why though! 

Since I refuse point blank to pay my toll until at least five minutes before I cast off for the new season means that I haven't seen the N added to BA. My only recent correspondence has been with the planning department and perhaps the 'New' hasn't permeated that particular office yet.

'Elsewhere' it's being called BnA, I believe it means broads no authority due to some of the advice given that it has no place or authority to give.

I can't see any changes on the postal toll renew as got ours today, it's just got to the same as we were due to pay in 2012 on the great ouse/cam for a smaller m2 boat so not going to complain about the cost.

I might complain about the numbers they supplied though as the starboard ones have completely faded, and they spend most time out of the sun.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

'Elsewhere' it's being called BnA, I believe it means broads no authority due to some of the advice given that it has no place or authority to give.

Thanks for putting me right on that one. I don't see the BA using the N in that context, as apt as it might be.

Dont the letters B and A stand for B.gger All as well.      Saying that I have always found on contacting the BA office about electricity cards and other matters, that they have always been polite and helpful.   I speak as I find.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Elsewhere' it's being called BnA,

This term is considered to be derogatory by the moderation team, so should not be used here to describe the Broads Authority, so as Marshman states above tread with great care if you use that term, better still dont use it here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I wonder if this "New" is anything to do with the four year:- "Environmental Land Management Scheme" announced last November that will create a number of additional "New" National Parks and AONB. 

Much of which will accept the findings of the Glover Report that seeks to transform our National Landscape. A corner stone of the recommendations within it's pages is to afford the same protection to AONB as NPs.

It's a thought, Chris, but I am not convinced. At the moment there really is nothing notably 'new' about the Authority. Dr Packman will eventually retire, even if he is finally carried out in a box! Hopefully a new broom will then make a clean sweep, then perhaps we will see a 'new' Broads Authority, one that incorporates the best of the old whilst returning control of the Broads to its members and introduces some form of democracy for its stakeholders.