More Broads Property Up For Sale?

NorfolkNog

4 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I can't place where this is - upper Thurne maybe? 

There seems to be a lot of stuff for sale at the mo. 

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/business/holiday-village-on-broads-for-sale-7805932

Thats on the righthand side as you head towards Potter Bridge before you get to Maycraft. Seems like a few retiring this year.

• Thanks 1

That looks like it could be a nice little set up. Will need a bit of investment to get it up to scratch and ready for letting but it does look like it has the potential to be a nice little earner that one. I like it.

• Like 1

I wonder how much of that development is actually near the water? I remember it as being set quite far back and isn’t that Repps staithe in the foreground? Having read through, it does say set a few hundred metres from the river but I guess it’s close enough to be an attractive proposition. 

Like many others I suspect, I actually had to look it up on the internet to see what Turnoar was on about!!

Hardly going to be a major attraction if even locals don't know about it!!!! Thats no reflection on the people who run it but merely an indication how hard it is to get these ventures off the ground and to keep going.

• Like 1

Would make a nice little residential mobile home park, weather there would be any money to be made after the investment was made is a different thing I guess. We have some nice residential parks in our area, they seem to be growing in popularity and not cheap to buy into. 

On 05/03/2021 at 13:44, marshman said:

Like many others I suspect, I actually had to look it up on the internet to see what Turnoar was on about!!

Like you marshman I am local but if I hadn’t spun past them on my bike I would probably not have known about it either. The guide to uncommon British days out will probably pick it up next update but in the meantime I recommend it to all wherever you may holiday! This attraction would be right up there with the lawnmower museum, Cumberland pencil museum, secret nuclear bunker (signposted off the A12) etc.

D0CA8F45-BF8F-4B8F-8D67-6B3EDF795085.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grendel said:

who would ever think of hiding a secret nuclear bunker in Norfolk, mind you I suppose even if the locals had talked about it, nobody would have understood a word.

Nuclear hasn’t made it to Norfolk yet, not exactly sure where the secret bunker is other than somewhere in Kleveland Hatch, on the country lane between Chipping Ongar and Brentwood under the 1950s farm bungalow postcode CM14 5TL. Norfolk does or did have Tussauds house of wax listed though...

29 minutes ago, Turnoar said:

Nuclear hasn’t made it to Norfolk yet, not exactly sure where the secret bunker is other than somewhere in Kleveland Hatch, on the country lane between Chipping Ongar and Brentwood under the 1950s farm bungalow postcode CM14 5TL. Norfolk does or did have Tussauds house of wax listed though...

Go past it all the time,it sure is on a country lane. A much better day out is the epping Ongar railway. Not as hard to find as the bunker. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1