Beer Gardens

Andrewcook

Guest Jayfire
21 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

How many Beer Gardens are there around the Norfolk / Suffolk Broads ?

Not enough, but I'll be visiting as many as I can do as soon as I can to give my contribution to their continuing business :default_drinks:

Quite a few.Both whitehorses,Chegrave  and Neatishead,all three pubs in Horning.The Lion,The Kings head Wroxsham. Wroxsham Hotel.The Dog at Ludham.The Ferry house at Surlingham, The Yare Brundall, Coldham hall Surlingham. In fact most pubs have beer gardens.

• Like 3

I suppose pubs will make a judgement if they have enough garden covers to make it worthwhile. Most do have a reasonable garden. The Dog has a whole field they could use in theory!! Like Fireman Sam I will be doing my best to support our pubs :default_beerchug:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Probably be easier to name the pubs without beer gardens. As far as the Waveney & Oulton Broad is concerned I really can't think of any without, lucky me!

I've just had a thought, I wonder if the Tingdene Marina has a bar? I wonder if that's what attracted Fireman Sam? If it's what was the old holiday village, I believe it did. 

I can just imagine him sunning himself out there with a cool Kronie or 3 :default_biggrin:  :default_drinks:

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Quite a few.Both whitehorses,Chegrave  and Neatishead,all three pubs in Horning.The Lion,The Kings head Wroxsham. Wroxsham Hotel.The Dog at Ludham.The Ferry house at Surlingham, The Yare Brundall, Coldham hall Surlingham. In fact most pubs have beer gardens.

Add to the tally The Pleasure Boat Heckling but beware of that bridge!

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
3 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

I can just imagine him sunning himself out there with a cool Kronie or 3 :default_biggrin:  :default_drinks:

:default_rofl:just get shut of this Covid crap and I'll make it a reality :default_beerchug:

3 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Don't know if they have a fizzy drink bar there though! 

If they know I'm around it is in their best interests to get stocked up :default_biggrin: You have no idea what's heading your way Mr JM Sir :default_rofl:

:default_drinks:

Guest Jayfire
7 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I do hope JM is prepared and has warned his neighbours too!! 

I just hope he has shut his ruddy curtains :default_norty:

3 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

I'm quite interested in how it will work, assume table service? Will you need to book? Social distancing? 

Pent up demand? I'm in the starting blocks already! :default_beerchug:

There was a pub on the news which claimed to have taken hundreds of bookings the day the latest timeline was announced.