Day Boats

Andrewcook

16 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Original I am not!

Oh you are quite often JM :default_biggrin:

But I think Maurice holds the nudge, nudge, wink, wink, crown :default_norty:

This has gone way off topic, can't even blame Fireman Sam this time

there'll be big trouble in the morning...........................

Good job the Mods are asleep :default_norty:

Mr Nog I think that what you wrote is spot on. We’ve been keeping to only places we can walk to. As have a lot of other people. IMHO HW inviting people from all over Norfolk to come and hire a day boat was not right. 

It’s interesting what Barnes are doing between 29 March and 12 April which of course covers the Easter break. I could be very tempted but they’re charging a high price for only one day. 

Monica I have thought the same about one particular YouTube contributor who has been putting up vlogs from all around Norfolk and Suffolk. But another one I occasionally watch claims it’s his work as he lives solely on the income from his channel. 

• Like 2

regardless of what is considered local, the national lock down restrictions still state

Businesses required to close

Any business or venue that provides goods for sale or hire and is not listed above must close (other than where there is an explicit exemption for a specific purpose). They may continue offering delivery and click-and-collect services (where items are pre-ordered and collected without entering the premises). People can also leave home to collect or return orders from these businesses.

These closures include, but are not limited to, the following premises:

clothing and fashion stores and tailors

retail travel agents

homeware stores

carpet stores

kitchen, bathroom, tile, and glazing showrooms

tobacco and vape shops

electronic goods and mobile phone shops

charity shops

photography studios

antique stores

homeopathic and naturopathic medicine, traditional chinese medicine, and ayurveda

markets (except livestock markets or stalls which fall under the list of essential businesses above, for example those selling food)

car and other vehicle showrooms and other premises, including outdoor areas, used for the sale or hire of caravans, boats or any vehicle which can be propelled by mechanical means.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I see the Broads Authorities stance on day boats has been revised-

Whilst it may be possible to hire a day boat under very specific conditions, the Broads Authority’s view is that in the case of the Broads a click and collect service where the boat has to be collected away from the boat yard premises is not consistent with a safe handover procedure for a hired vessel.

Because of the safety implications and the numerous restrictions which make it impractical, we do not recommend the hire of day boats until the 12 April.

• Thanks 4

About time. With it still being stay at home until 29th March I struggled to see how any yard could think it was ok to let anyone out on day boats up to that point. And they didn’t need to do anything other than read the government website to know that.

The time between 29th March and 12th April has been less clear. Our caravan site owners are trying to tell us we can’t go down there at all, even just for a few hours to take things back. We live less than one hour away so as long as stay at home becomes minimise travel then one trip during that time should be perfectly legal. Hiring a day boat as a local couple is perhaps less clear. 

• Like 4

On 13/03/2021 at 07:27, SwanR said:

Monica I have thought the same about one particular YouTube contributor who has been putting up vlogs from all around Norfolk and Suffolk. But another one I occasionally watch claims it’s his work as he lives solely on the income from his channel. 

I actually posted a comment to one of the vloggers and said that I thought you had to stay local , the reply I received was,  I am local.   Well local to me is popping down to Beccles for fuel and shopping or attending the medical centre , it is not making films walking around Suffolk and Norfolk  ( however lovely that is) with the family.   We have stuck to the rules the whole time.   Only walk from the house and the only 'trips' if you can call them trips out have been to have our vaccinations at Southwold and to attend the Hearing Clinic at Bungay,  other than that and essential things we have stayed at home.    We have neighbours that are out and about every day in the car.   I suppose it is how you interpret the rules.

• Like 2

We see the same around here. And there’s definitely more traffic on the roads than you would expect in lockdown. The stay at home message seems to have got lost this time around. And more people seem to be thinking “it won’t matter if I just ...”!

Like yourself, Monica, we have stuck to keeping only within our village other than getting my vaccination. We are longing to be able to get further afield even only a few miles, but won’t do it until it’s the right and legal thing to do. 

• Like 3

Seeing that daft lot on the news this morning gathering in London for their so called 'rights'.  Well what about the rights of normal folk who dont want to be infected by those numbskulls.   The only way to get back to normal is to be patient.   These so called protesters should have a fortnights holiday in China I would suggest.   They would soon be told where to shove their rights.:default_smiley-angry047:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Hylander said:

I actually posted a comment to one of the vloggers and said that I thought you had to stay local , the reply I received was,  I am local.   Well local to me is popping down to Beccles for fuel and shopping or attending the medical centre , it is not making films walking around Suffolk and Norfolk  ( however lovely that is) with the family.   We have stuck to the rules the whole time.   Only walk from the house and the only 'trips' if you can call them trips out have been to have our vaccinations at Southwold and to attend the Hearing Clinic at Bungay,  other than that and essential things we have stayed at home.    We have neighbours that are out and about every day in the car.   I suppose it is how you interpret the rules.

The guidance is there and whilst a little opaque, it is clear over going to work. 

• You are allowed to go to work, even if that work isn't local and there's no de-facto definition of "Local" either. 
  • Journeys need to be essential. Well, there's so much traffic on the roads to suggest there's a LOT of essential travel too. 

I have been asked to travel to Yorkshire for some imaging work on a TV pilot show. Thankfully, this is in the week after 12th April, so I would be (currently) well within the law to do this, but could equally do it now as it is "WORK". 

Any vlogger who has or is building an income from their vlogs would also be considered to be working whilst out making their films. This isn't interpretation of the guidance: it's following it. The interpretation is with people who question the legitimacy of the term "work". 

35 minutes ago, SwanR said:

but won’t do it until it’s the right and legal thing to do. 

Thank you Jean, that's the phrase needed to be learned by so many "The RIGHT AND LEGAL thing to do."

Right is not necessarily legal, and legal is not necessarily right. It has to be both!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

I suppose it is how you interpret the rules.

I don't think it's interpretation in many cases, but respect. There has been very little respect for the latest lock down in our area and it is no surprise we are now have the highest infection rate in the country. This is not about people not knowing, or misinterpreting the rules, we have hidden behind those excuses too long. It is about people blatantly knowing what they are doing is wrong but doing it anyway. 

And as for the "protesters" yesterday it is time we started treating these people in the manner which protects the populace not these morons. Water canon are very effective. People's desire to break the law tends to diminish rapidly when they are wet and miserable. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Yesterday at least  three people  in the supermarket, had a mask on.Very good,problem  is it was on the chin not there mouth of nose.Our neighbour's seem to have a constant flow of people  going in the house.Thankfully most people stick to the rules,but it's the ones that don't that causes the problem. 

• Like 3

Call me a leftie but how quick do people wont to revoke our rights?

Oh yes, until its your rights to do what you want to do then you'll moan!

like say, right of navigation.

very easy to revoke.

rights of access.

hmmm

I dont agree with them, but I agree to their rights of protests.

• Like 2