Counting To The Days

Andrewcook

As to counting the Days till 12th April :default_icon_bowdown: will there still be restriction's? As for Pubs Beer Garden Only :default_drinks: but are there still Take a way's till March? As for restaurants that may be still be far off. As for Day Boats already on the Water will there still be restriction on Four to Six on Per Persons on :default_stinky: till July or beyond I think? As the Rules are for ever changing :default_2gunsfiring_v1:that worries me a lot even having theses Jabs :default_welcome: to that.

We realised on Thursday (it was our 34th anniversary) that it was exactly a year since we had eaten out anywhere.  Last year we went to a local hotel for lunch and couldn't understand why we were the only people in the enormous dining room overlooking the river on a beautiful Spring day. Although the lockdown was yet to materialise  people were obviously wary of going out and about. Pre Covid we used to eat out at least twice a week so as you can imagine we have missed that. So we thought we'd get a takeaway last Thursday.It was o.k. but that's about the best that can be said for it. We're really looking forward to the freedom of going out again, whenever that will be.

Carole

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, addicted said:

We realised on Thursday (it was our 34th anniversary) that it was exactly a year since we had eaten out anywhere.  Last year we went to a local hotel for lunch and couldn't understand why we were the only people in the enormous dining room overlooking the river on a beautiful Spring day. Although the lockdown was yet to materialise  people were obviously wary of going out and about. Pre Covid we used to eat out at least twice a week so as you can imagine we have missed that. So we thought we'd get a takeaway last Thursday.It was o.k. but that's about the best that can be said for it. We're really looking forward to the freedom of going out again, whenever that will be.

Carole

Like you, our anniversary is also in March and for the last 3 years (2018-20) we have booked an evening meal on the 21st at the Bridge Inn Acle, which is our favourite venue on the North Broads. Last year, we were so disappointed to get a phone call the day before to say that as the lock-down was due to start on the 22nd, they were closing on the 20th. So it looks like we can next go for our anniversary there in 2022.

• Like 3

We have had meals out from time to time as and when restrictions have allowed. More recently we have had Chinese takeaway delivered from Horning and that’s been a real treat. Great food delivered fresh and hot. 

• Like 2

We too have missed eating out especially here in Padstow with some great restaurants 

we did manage 2 meals last September in Horning Bure fish restaurant which is lovely

booked here into the seafood 22 May and hoping for June in Horning

• Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 08:55, Andrewcook said:

restriction's? As for Pubs Beer Garden Only :default_drinks: but are there still Take a way's till March? As for restaurants that may be still be far off.

Anyone know which pubs if any will open for garden service in April 

Last I heard from surlingham ferryhouse was planning on garden service 11.00am to 8.00pm with limited menu, that will do for me till the big open up, at least we'll be able to moor up and get fed and slaughtered watered with leccy plugged in so my poor batteries get a toasting, I'll just have to take the telly again.

• Like 1

I was reading this morning that the Riverside Kitchen next to Hotel Wroxham is under new ownership, completely revamped and renamed Riverside Tea Room and Coffee Shop, keeping it simple and pooches welcome. Looking forward to giving them a go when we can. 

12 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I was reading this morning that the Riverside Kitchen next to Hotel Wroxham is under new ownership, completely revamped and renamed Riverside Tea Room and Coffee Shop, keeping it simple and pooches welcome. Looking forward to giving them a go when we can. 

I had heard that the previous owners had shut down because of Covid restrictions and that their lease was due to renewed at a rate that would not make their endeavours profitable.  

• Thanks 1

Guest Jayfire
4 hours ago, snunn said:

Anyone know which pubs if any will open for garden service in April 

The 'main' Riverside or nearby pubs that have confirmed reopening so far include

Monday 12th April

Kings Head, Hoveton

The Maltsters, Ranworth

Swan Inn, Stalham

Rising Sun, Coltishall 

Recruiting Sergeant, Coltishall

Coldham Hall, Brundall

Commodore, Oulton Broad

Wednesday 14th 

New Inn, Horning

The Acle Bridge Inn have said that they won't open until all staff are trained up on new procedures

Duke's Head, Somerleyton... From Monday 12TH April opening times will be entirely weather dependant, keep an eye on social media to see if rain has stopped play.

Saturday - Sunday ONLY 12 - 6ish

(All Subject To Change)

Guest Jayfire
53 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Excellent homework there JF. Any news of the Sutton staithe?

I've made enquiries but still waiting for a reply. I'll update when I hear anything if it's not already been posted by then :default_beerchug:

Guest Jayfire

Sorry, trying to update whilst at work.

A few more...

12th April

Kings Head, Loddon

The Loddon Swan, Loddon (are planning for the 12th all being well)

The White Horse, Chedgrave (are planning for the 12th all being well)

Guest Jayfire

The Kings Arms at Ludham are waiting to hear from the landlords to see if they are prepared to do a partial rent deal, they are really dragging their feet however.

They will post on their Facebook page as soon as they hear anything

Your diligence does you credit Mr Fire Sir :default_icon_bowdown: 

Please keep up the good work as I suspect it will be something of a moving feast 

Do hope the Bridge can get the staff trained up which I'm sure they can. Arguably the best run pub on the Broads (IMHO of course). 

Any news about the Dog? I think you mentioned a while back they would be closed until Easter? 

Anyway, won't the Waveney be more on your radar now? :default_norty:

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Any news about the Dog? I think you mentioned a while back they would be closed until Easter? 

They told me they will be closed until "March" and they were using this time for renovation but this was back in November 2020. I'm in the process of trying to get an update but still waiting as yet

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Anyway, won't the Waveney be more on your radar now? :default_norty:

:default_rofl: Who knows just where this numpty may appear in the months to come. Could be anywhere in all honesty, be afraid...be very afraid :default_norty:

I found this Facebook site, which has lots of information/posts from the pubs and restaurants of the Broads. I learned for instance that The Bridge at Acle is having lots of enquiries to book outdoor tables, but is yet to start taking reservations. It could be a useful "noticeboard" for those of us who like to eat out on holiday. 

Food On The Norfolk Broads. It's a private group you have to register with. They let me in....speaks for itself :default_icon_twisted:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1114171121997055/

• Thanks 1

As the 12th April is fast approaching I do hope theses people going out to Pub Gardens Only and shops sensibly with distances still in place and Face Mask to be worn for some to come as it's been said on the News . hopefully by June the Lock Down is gone as this only leaves us all with this problem I think restrictions In what form does this takes?