Jump to content
  • Announcements

    Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

    Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

    Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'main' Riverside or nearby pubs that have confirmed reopening so far include Monday 12th April Kings Head, Hoveton The Maltsters, Ranworth Swan Inn, Stalham Rising Sun, Co

I think I counted 7 liveaboards moored at Sutton yesterday. I don't have a problem with that as long as they recommence respecting the 24 x Hr rule once the rivers start getting used again G

The White Horse at Neatishead and The Lion at Thurne are both advertising for all kinds of staff. Plans would seem to be underway although there’s no dates yet on their Facebook pages. 

Posted Images

Incidentally, someone on the FB group has posted that the sunken houseboat has gone from the Sutton Stalham triangle junction ... I'm sure you all know where I mean.

Really? - And about time too. :default_icon_clap:

I'll have a look-see as and when I'm passing Monday or Tuesday

Griff

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stumpy said:

We'll not be up for a few weeks- Kathy had her first knee replacement on Maundy Thursday so boating is off until she's a bit more mobile. Please keep the trip tales coming!

Hope Kathy is recovering ok and you'll be able to get back to boating soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Incidentally, someone on the FB group has posted that the sunken houseboat has gone from the Sutton Stalham triangle junction ... I'm sure you all know where I mean.

Really? - And about time too. :default_icon_clap:

I'll have a look-see as and when I'm passing Monday or Tuesday

Griff

Assuming this is it’s remains moored in Barton Turf 

CCB33544-9B3A-4555-98E8-0B4EFD9585D6.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Sigh, what are the yellow posts still doing there though?

I'm sure someone somewhere (maybe Rob at Sutton) said it was on a Windboat ferrocrete hull, maybe some bits got left behind. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I think I counted 7 liveaboards moored at Sutton yesterday.

I don't have a problem with that as long as they recommence respecting the 24 x Hr rule once the rivers start getting used again

Griff

There were 4 or 5 down Paddy's Lane / Barton Turf a week ago, so assume they may have relocated ( do Pelicans migrate south for winter ? ) Likewise re as long as they are mobile not a problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RumPunch said:

There were 4 or 5 down Paddy's Lane / Barton Turf a week ago, so assume they may have relocated ( do Pelicans migrate south for winter ? ) Likewise re as long as they are mobile not a problem.

It's not Pelican any more. Renamed Toad some while ago. They're at the non-electric part of Sutton Staithe at the moment, probably waiting for the three on the leccy side to move (tomorrow?).

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Sigh, what are the yellow posts still doing there though?

That was/is one of my fave wild mooring spots, nudge bow into reeds, lower mudweight over t blunt end.  Peaceful and secluded - sorted

Griff

This might explain why the yellow posts. 
 

 

Appendix 3 – Sunken and abandoned vessels current position as at 25 March 2021
   Description
     

     
     Sutton/Stalham Cut
     Liaising with the landowner, vessel not in the navigation channel
       No
     Landowner to remove top section.
   

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not as busy as I expected, only 3 hire boats at Stokesby and the Pedro moorings at Acle only had 1 boat.  If people were not leaving git gaps there would have been room for 1 or 2 more on the free moorings as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • NBN Mobile App


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.