How Much????

DAVIDH

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Much as some folk don’t like the design of boats such as Zircon Emblem and Fair Marquess, the galley being in the bow gives you a brilliant view from the inside helm and seating. 

This style of boat does look as if it's built for views and it is one which tempts me. I think the best designed dual steer boats I've seen are the Crown Classique and its various derivatives. The extra beam does allow for two cabins at the rear which gives must more internal space for the same length. I can't help thinking if it wasn't for the size restrictions on the Broads, Richardson's would have been buying them second hand by the dozen.

We have just booked Flash of Light for a weekend break, The view from the central saloon looks OK from the pictures. I will report back!

we were supposed to be on Dazzling light with friends, but restrictions don't allow 2 households on one boat, so that plan must change. As an aside, I think that dazzling light is a great design fo inside and outside living space, can see out of the windows when seated in the lounge too!

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Whilst the view from the inside may be good, sadly the external design is a little challenging.  With an airdraft of around 8’6”, clearly Potter and Wroxham bridges will be unnavigable, but even passing under Ludham must be becoming an issue when the river levels are high.

It is true that we have hired fly bridge cruisers and found that with high water levels it would be challenging to get through Ludham Bridge. On one occasion we spent a week sticking to the Bure and the Thurne. But the inside helm is brilliant and with colder October weather I was really happy switching between the helms on Zircon. And it was a good boat for colder evenings when some other designs tend to let the draft in.

23 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Like Babycham. It's just sparkling perry. When it first came out it didn't sell. They (think it was Showerings)  hiked the price up, gave it a fancy bottle and glass and the rest is history. 

I believe that there is a Broads connection there, namely a certain Broads wherry.

20180319144902_01.jpg