Fishing At St Benet's Abbey.

3 hours ago, Paladin said:

I'm pleased that you don't see a problem. Fortunately, many people did see the problem, despite the lack of transparency and communication.

And once again - and here i must congratulate you as you have brought the existence of the straw man argument to my attention, most interesting reading I found that when researching it on the internet,

here once again you use the straw man with great effect, my comment that i saw no problem was of course in relation to my imagined scenario, whereas your strawman counter to that was to widen the scope of the 'problem to that of all of the other issues, a perfect example of the type.

Once again I thank you for bringing this argument form to my attention. I will now know what to look for in future discourse.

• Like 3

I , like many other members I’m sure , would like to thank Tom for posting the updated information so quickly after it was confirmed and to end any further speculation as to St Benêts immediate future , I fully understand and agree that the BA could not publish any ongoing discussions prior to an agreement being established between any interested parties.

Having an official of the BA as an active posting member on the NBN is most certainly an enviable asset .

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, good news to share with you (and no it isn't an April fools joke before someone asks!)

Best, Tom

Progress update on St Benet’s Abbey 24 hour moorings (1 April)

The Broads Authority is delighted that following negotiations with the Environment Agency and the Landowner an agreement has been reached regarding the future of the 24 hour mooring at St Benet’s Abbey.

This iconic mooring location on the River Bure has been secured as a Broads Authority 24-hour mooring as the future of the piling has now been resolved.

The legal agreements are being drawn up, but in the meantime the Authority will make some emergency repairs to the worst section of the timbering at St Benet’s. These will commence next week, once the timber has been delivered.

The main contract to refurbish the whole 300m length of mooring is now planned for the middle of April. The work has been devised to allow small sections to be worked upon at a time, allowing the rest of the available area to be used by boaters.

https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/navigating-the-broads/boating-news/progress-update-on-st-benets-abbey-24-hour-moorings-1-april

• Like 6
  • Thanks 13

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

St Benet's 24hr moorings this morning. Only about 1/2 doz moorings still under repair and plenty on unused space 

20210426_074742.jpg

Good to me you at Horning the other day, its nice to put a face to the name....having said that I did meet Griff once 🥴