In Search Of A Sports Cruiser Boat

Hi all, we are in search of a sports cruiser, no bigger ideally than 25ft, the type of boats we like are the Sealine S23 or 24, Bayliner, Chaparral 240 Signature, or anything similar.

They all have a nice size cockpit so that you can entertain (when we are allowed) and an aft cabin.

Our budget is around £23K

Many thanks

Tracey

You won't be getting a Sealine S23 or S25 in your budget. They have increased in price this last couple of years and are fetching daft money now. We have just sold ours cheap and that was £28k.

You might get a petrol S24 in your price range but I suspect the diesel ones will be out of your range as well.

You are looking for the same sort of boat as a lot of other people at the moment I'm afraid. If you do find something you will have to get in there quick!!

I have just had a quick flick through the usual brokers sites we watch and there is nothing in your price range that isn't already under offer.

Used boat sales appear to have been quite brisk last year and looking at the usual websites, that trend seems to have continued through the lockdown period.  I’ve been watching them over the winter and good quality craft find new owners quite quickly.  
Personally, I’d suggest that you watch the brokers websites, such as NYA, Norfolk Boat Sales,  Broadland Yacht Brokers, Boatshed etc, as well as Apolloduck.  It may be worth contacting them to see if they are aware of anything coming in that hasn’t been advertised.

Don’t forget that you may find the type of boat you are looking for on a different waterway, which although entails getting it moved, may be a cheaper purchase without the premium that may be applied for buying on the Broads.

Good luck with your search!!

Don't just look on the Broads. 25ft boats can be easily and cheaply transported by road by the likes of Tony Anderson (aka Tony Tugboat).

He moved our boat around several times and was never expensive.

Thank you all, yes our budget isnt the largest, we only started boating last year and bought our first little Fairline, but we spend so much time on the marina that we feel we can justify upgrading a little more, the Sealines are seeming to fetch slightly more than out budget but thought I would ask, sometimes you can get lucky :-)

Thank you for all of your advice

5 minutes ago, traceyp said:

Thank you all, yes our budget isnt the largest, we only started boating last year and bought our first little Fairline, but we spend so much time on the marina that we feel we can justify upgrading a little more, the Sealines are seeming to fetch slightly more than out budget but thought I would ask, sometimes you can get lucky :-)

Thank you for all of your advice

18 Months ago your budget would have been fine and would have got you a cheap S23!

Every man and their dog is after a boat at the moment and that has pushed prices up. Not just boats, motorhomes and camper vans are the same.

If you can you might be better of waiting 12 months until some of these boats bought for staycations start to come back for sale again as foreign travel comes back.

• Like 2

Just now, Cal said:

18 Months ago your budget would have been fine and would have got you a cheap S23!

Every man and their dog is after a boat at the moment and that has pushed prices up. Not just boats, motorhomes and camper vans are the same.

If you can you might be better of waiting 12 months until some of these boats bought for staycations start to come back for sale again as foreign travel comes back.

Yes that had crossed our minds, it might not be a bad idea.

Great at the moment if you are selling, not so much if you are the buyer.

It's also work vans too.  The price of second hand uns has gone crackers, twice in the last month I have been offered more money for than my Transit Custom van than what I paid for it :default_icon_e_surprised:

Griff