DC30 search

Guest Montebello

Hi everyone, I lived in the Broads area for a few years in the 70s and enjoyed a memorable holiday on a DC30.

I’m going on hols to Norfolk later in June. Not on a boat this time but whenever near to a river or yard I shall keep a nostalgic eye out for any DC30s.

Can anyone tell me where any are most likely to be located?

Would love to look around one if possible. cheersbar

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Monte, welcome to forum from me too. Why not book another holiday on one of Richardsons?. They have a really nice one called "Barbados" which was totally refitted last year, and looks like a new boat. While on the subject, when was the holiday in question, and what was the name of the boat?. The reason i ask, is if you can remember the name, or have a photo that clearly shows the boats registration no, a quick search of Craigs database (or Dans memory ;);) ) could reveal wher the boat is now. Regards ................... Neil.

Many thanks for the welcome and the responses. I’ve just done the virtual tour of Barbados and see what you mean. Lovely boat.

Nice suggestion Dan. I’d have to remember to pack some smart(ish) clobber and not turn up in my usual tramp like style (I call it casual).

I’ve since learned of another for sale at PH.

Sadly I don’t have any pics from the 1975 hols but I know it was an Overseer from Ferry Boatyard so the database narrows it down to D568, D675, D676, D677.

Looks like the fate of these is unknown so maybe they haven’t survived.

I was kindly sent a copy of the brochure page which is a nice little keepsake

cheersbar

found a couple of terrys pictures on the flickr "boats on the norfolk broads" group page, from ferry boat yard

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41409347@N07/4236133875/

not really my era of boat but this one in the group was named san domingo from overseer

http://www.horning.org.uk/boatsearch.ph ... RegNo=8182

http://www.flickr.com/photos/radar666/4 ... olk-broads

jill

Well spotted Jill, I've looked into that and San Domingo is a different type of boat built in the 1980s.

Ferry's earlier Overseers were DC30s built late 60s. Craig's database shows the last year of these being in Ferry's fleet as 1982. In 1983 they only have one Overseer (of the newer design) and when its sister joins in 1986 they name her Overseer 2.

Looks like with the 4 earlier Overseers, they didn't distinguish them apart other than their reg numbers.

Excellent database.

cheersbar