Jab Certificate In Pubs?

ES2

47 minutes ago, annv said:

Nobody has mentioned toilets! bit difficult to social distance and/or have somebody counting how many using the facilities,and exiting which usually means  touching of the handles on exiting. John

All too inconvenient. :default_coat:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, annv said:

Nobody has mentioned toilets! bit difficult to social distance and/or have somebody counting how many using the facilities,and exiting which usually means  touching of the handles on exiting. John

In my small local this would be easy. If the door's shut someone's inside, if it's open then it's available for use. :)

31 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I'm sure it will sort itself out. I never ceased to be amazed at how pubs really went the extra mile to accommodate all this last summer. Often with great ingenuity. I have every confidence :default_beerchug:

Unfortunately some just did the least they could to tick a few boxes and carried on as normal, one of my locals did that and we just stopped going in there after the first visit, the pub around the corner were brilliant in there measures and often had to turn customers away as they were full, the landlady had started wiping tables/seats/door handles (thoroughly not the usual token gesture) well before restrictions came into force last march.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Unfortunately some just did the least they could

Sadly very true, I think what I was trying to say was that those that made the effort did it very well. I would say they were in the majority but of course the few that don't bother tend to reflect on the industry as a whole which is a shame. 

I think everything will work ok this year if everybody is sensible. With regards to customers of pubs, shops and supermarkets just wear a mask, use the sanitiser when required, use a touch card if you have one and certainly get a jab when you are called to do so. Personally although I am not too happy to be poked with needles it was ok and painless with no side effects, go for it if called. 

If anything is to go by the pubs are doing everything they can. I was in The Dog at Ludham Bridge last year and Jeff had a crowd due for that evening and opened the restaurant area to accommodate. He appeared with a monster spray kit to sanitize the area and told me that he does that regularly all through the pub anyway. Well done all the staff at the Dog.

Lets hope that we can save something of this Summer season without being subject to certification that will put extra strain on our already overloaded NHS not to mention policing certification at the pubs.