Monday 29th

CambridgeCabby

38 minutes ago, floydraser said:

Can't do the 140 mile trip until after 12th. Unless of course, someone would like to get married onboard the Denham Owl next Tuesday? Ok a funeral? Damn, I thought not.

Or I could join the list of confused people by claiming to be very confused over the issue of whether or not travelling 140 miles accross 3 counties could be counted as staying local? :facepalm:

Looking at the weather forecast for next Tuesday I reckon all the rules will be chucked out of the window. Brace yourselves seaside towns! What do you mean the toilets are closed?

Once again with the local thing. 
They would like you to stay local but no one’s going to fine you for not. 
so I’m doing the 300 mile round trip for a day to get her ready for the 12th. 

• Like 1

once again I will remind folks that our stance on this is that until the government or BA advice says it is ok to stay overnight, we would not advise anyone to do different.

There are many out there saying that the overnight stay part is not included in the new legislation, my advice there would be to read the thing yourself and cross reference all the notes and all 96 pages, and decide for yourself, rather than relying on the word of someone that may be wrong in their interpretation, the legislation may have omitted this as by 12th of April this advice will be repealed(or whenever the date is)but the government guidance is still clear.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grendel said:

but the government guidance is still clear.

Erm, with respect grendel, there are quite few of us who don’t think that. I don’t think anyone would disagree with your advice that people should read the guidance and make up their own minds but I believe that would still leave a question mark in many minds. Until the legislation/guidance or whatever from the government actually says ‘you can’t overnight away from home until 12 April’ the head scratching will probably continue. 

• Like 4

It doesn't say you can, why not err on the side of caution, if you can't reasonably go there and back in a day, just wait until the 12th. We have waited this long, a couple of weeks more may make the difference between a small rise in infections or something worse.

I doubt that any of the social media experts will pay any fines that might be issued and most marinas are saying, overnight from the 12th, anyone breaking that may be looking to find a new mooring.

• Like 4

For the life of me I'll never understand why people have to post anywhere that they are going to do something which may be against the law/guidance or whatever. Why not just get on with it and keep quiet about it? We don't need to know. Unless someone can can give me a constructive argument for doing so, apart from the right to freedom of speech of course.

It's the same old same old: 29th March, 12th April and 17th have been clear from the start. Once again as before, people are now interpreting soundbites to justify the agenda that we all want, to be able to go where we want, when we want. We can't. 

Unfortunately, saying "it's confusing" has become a trend, a trump card. Probably started by the BBC a year ago.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

To be fair Grendel the nbn should not be advising anyone at all as that would be putting yet another interpretation on the law.

we are only advising follow government and Broads Authority instructions on the matter, which means 12th April, unless the government or Broads Authority say different

• Like 1

it clearly states it in 2 sections, no overnight stays, and no uk holidays, couldnt be much clearer, i think they have seen the misinformtion the news papers and others have put out regarding the legislation and decided to make the guidance crystal clear.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I bet there will still be one or two of those! :default_norty:

:default_icon_wave:

I've given up now so this is my last post on the subject !  Earlier Grendel said to follow Government instructions which is good advice, whether you follow the legislation or guidance is up to the individual.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grendel said:

misinformtion the news papers

That's the point exactly.  Be it Scotch eggs, pub passports or travel this all plays on our desperation to get back to some normality which is perfectly understandable. So we take every opportunity to grasp at straws or look for every possible loophole or interpretation of the guidance. It's called human nature. :default_biggrin:

2 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Any road up, this lovely weather is going to break-up on Thursday and Easter looks cold.

That should be an Grock-grounder.

But it’s glorious today, if a tad breezy!!  Back home tonight to finish packing and move to Norfolk on Thursday.  Roll on the glorious 12th!!

B2720903-622A-42D8-B1DF-AC7528AEDE42.jpeg

459C4E3B-AB1D-452C-A4F9-6AAFF07BA500.jpeg

54DDFD2D-7BE4-422A-9380-A3AAD72E014B.jpeg

1EBCB8A1-8A17-493F-AD5B-5B1DBB61BC00.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 2