***** F1 Spoiler *****

On 30/03/2021 at 14:09, psychicsurveyor said:

Hopefully from 2023 when Bernies deal with Sky ends 
it will be back on terrestrial.

I would not hold my breath. When they acquired Formula 1 Liberty Media made a great deal about "giving the sport back to the fans" but I have yet to see that borne out in any of their actions. It would not surprise me at all to see the TV rights sold to the highest bidder again, which could well be Amazon or Apple, even Disney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Brilliant race 👍👍👍 And Max the winner 👍👍👍

Let's hope he continues the fight and gets the reliability he deserves.

I'm all for a brit being at the top, of course I am but the sport needs some action :default_swordpir:

• Like 3

I’m finding it hard to get free live streaming but lucky enough I did yesterday... Loved the start as Max punched through..  Future world champion are Max is going to be....

I would love to see other Brits coming through.. Lando is showing that yesterday ... It’s George Russell who’s gonna be the hidden gem .. He proved that last year when he covered for Hamilton for the one race.. He was Brilliant... Let’s hope the rest of the season is going to be like yesterday’s race...At this rate I’m gonna have to eat humble pie and get sky back 😢😢😢🤪🤪

• Like 2

I have a Now TV subscription, it's the cheapest way I've found to watch it, I try to watch the whole weekend live, as I've loved the sport since I was kid going to my Dad's at the weekend, F1 along with WRC and Touring Cars, although I'm not as clued on those as they are not as televised and sketchy coverage :default_wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hazelgirl said:

I have a Now TV subscription, it's the cheapest way I've found to watch it, I try to watch the whole weekend live, as I've loved the sport since I was kid going to my Dad's at the weekend, F1 along with WRC and Touring Cars, although I'm not as clued on those as they are not as televised and sketchy coverage :default_wub:

I will have to have a gander at Now tv to see what they offer on the whole weekend build up... I miss the free practice session .. that’s when they seem to go hell for leather lol 😂...  I miss the old WRC .. When cars was cars and drivers was drivers ... That’s another story... good ole days of the Lombard RAC Rally... Sitting in a freezing cold Kielder forest in the middle of a November night waiting for the front runners to come thundering by Marku Allen, Juha kankkunen, Hannu mikkola, Many more legends lol.. Feeling old now ha ha ha ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched the highlights on CH4, for once I did my best to keep clear of media etc and succeeded so didn't know the outcome so really enjoyed the race.  I too am considering looking at 'NowTV' with regards to see what the offer and what the cost implications will be

Griff

• Like 2

I have to admit I didn't enjoy this weeks race so much. It was a weekend determined by mistakes though I think it did hint at some exciting racing to come. 

Verstappen made two mistakes, one in practice which cost him the pole his car probably deserves right now, and one in the race behind the safety car which he got away with. 

Hamilton made one mistake and it cost him dearly. 

Then we saw mistakes through out the field, Perez overtaking behind the safety car, what's that about. Kids in go karts are taught at the age of five that you do not overtake behind a safety car. Both Williams drivers threw away potential points finishes, desperately needed by the team, and their cars into the wall, Russel taking Bottas with him. 

What we are seeing is that Bottas is not justifying his place in a top team. With more competitive cars around him than we have seen in recent seasons he is struggling to look like a regular podium contender, despite having the same car in which Hamilton is contesting race wins and leads the championship. I think his days are numbered and despite his faux pas on Sunday I am pretty sure we will see Russell in that car very soon, possibly even before the end of this season. 

What I want to see is the top cars and drivers at their best, flat out, wheel to wheel. Let's see a real shoot out, not a race decided by the impact of errors, in what were admittedly incredibly difficult conditions. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully it is safe to start talking about yesterday's race. I understand the third repeat of the highlights has made it to Mars so hopefully anyone with an interest has seen what they want to. 

On 20/04/2021 at 09:55, Paul said:

What I want to see is the top cars and drivers at their best, flat out, wheel to wheel. Let's see a real shoot out, not a race decided by the impact of errors, in what were admittedly incredibly difficult conditions. 

We kind of got this over the weekend, arguably none of the drivers really nailed their final quali lap but the track was going away, apparently so perhaps not surprising. I did think that not pitting Hamilton immediately after Verstappen's slow stop was an error but their strategists obviously knew what they were doing and played a blinder. It was good to hear Hamilton acknowledge that in the cool down lap radio chat. 

It's really difficult to tell at the moment quite who has the fastest car, and isn't that great! Obviously neither is clearly superior and lets hope that bodes well for some great racing for the rest of the season. Interesting too to hear that Hamilton wants to start talking new contract with Mercedes sooner rather than later. I'm a bit surprised by that. I really thought he might wait and see, and if he does secure his record eighth title this year look at other challenges, either inside or outside of F1. 

• Like 1

Both Hamilton and Max are way ahead of their team mates, it does highlight that they are the two best drivers.

I suspect if you swopped them into each others cars, Lewis would still edge it over Max.

An interview with Lewis asked why he didn't get aggressive on the first turn, he replied, I haven't achieved all that I have by being aggressive.

• Like 2

It’s definitely going to be a Mercedes and red bull season... We just need the other teams to just step up abit more and push there drivers more. That’s if they’ve got it..  Not the best exciting race yesterday... Monaco 🇲🇨 next which is one of my favourites.. I Still reckon they should do a double header at Pau as that is a fantastic street circuit..

Was Reading earlier about Aston Martin and there seems to be big problems in the Camp good news it’s Not financially.. But team morale has hit an all time low since Lawrence Stroll took control..many staff are not renewing there contracts and want to leave or left.. There wishing it could be like the old days when it was Force India and Vijay Mallya was running it...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Monaco 🇲🇨... 

What a great finish...

Max 🇳🇱  1st 

Sainz 🇪🇸 2nd 

Lando 🇬🇧 3rd 

Three different teams on the podium great to see.. And first time for a long Time We have a Non Mercedes driver and constructor Not in the lead.. 

Great win for Max and great to see Lando pushing through .. 👍👍

Great finish - agreed

As per the normal though not a great race

The first ten laps and the last ten were all that was worth watching, and then only just, the rest was a procession

However it'd be just fantastic to be able to berth 'B.A' there for the F1 weekend

Griff