***** F1 Spoiler *****

32 minutes ago, floydraser said:

We nearly treated ourselves to ticking the Monaco GP off our bucket list a few years ago. I'm not sure if they still do but back then, every other year they used to have a Classic GP a week before the main race. 

Yes They still have The Grand Prix de Monaco Historique Automobile Club de Monaco. That’s the classic GP to us who don’t speak the lingo 🤣🤣🤣🤣 It’s Normally 2 weeks before the Main F1 race.. Funny enough it was on ITV4 the other week.. And it was more of an exciting race .. Great seeing them being raced but sad seeing them crash those old beautiful cars tho. 

• Like 3

Goodwood is great for watching the classic old saloon cars race, four wheel drifting and huge tank slappers is the norm as they come out of the corners arms crossed on the big steering wheels.

Monaco now needs a sprinkler system installed and activated at times throughout the race to liven the race up or drop it from the calander because that race yesterday was so boring and I wonder how much more Bottas can take before he quits.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Goodwood is great for watching the classic old saloon cars race, four wheel drifting and huge tank slappers is the norm as they come out of the corners arms crossed on the big steering wheels.

I've done both festival and the revival a few years ago but no more I'm afraid. It used to be quite inclusive in the early years but the last time we went, having spent quite a bit on travel etc to be there, VIP passes were needed to get anywhere special. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, floydraser said:

I've done both festival and the revival a few years ago but no more I'm afraid. It used to be quite inclusive in the early years but the last time we went, having spent quite a bit on travel etc to be there, VIP passes were needed to get anywhere special. 

Must admit I  havent been for ages so thanks for the Heads up on passes. Can always catch it on TV but you cant smell the fumes and rubber on TV :default_sad:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

I’ve Always wanted to do the Goodwood events.. 

I see there on for this year 2021.

Festival of speed 8th to 11th of July

Revival.  17th to 19th September 

Members meeting moved until October..

I wish Goodwood was closer to me :default_blush:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hazelgirl said:

I wish Goodwood was closer to me :default_blush:

It's a fair old jaunt, but there's plenty of places to stay in the Chichester area. 

I can highly recommend Festival of Speed. It's difficult to describe what an amazing event it is.

• Like 1

Well worth doing, and you will want to go for all four days.

The festival site is absolutely massive, it's probably a good half an hour to forty-five minutes to get from the car park to the top of the hill where the rally stages are.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Azerbaijan 🇦🇿 Baku Today’s race Results..

1st Perez 🇲🇽 Red Bull 

2nd Vettel  🇩🇪 Aston Martin 

3rd Gasley  🇫🇷 Alphatauri 

Top Brit was Lando Norris 🇬🇧  in 5th 

Hamilton 🇬🇧 Came in at 15th..

Max 🇳🇱 crashed out DNF.. 

Over all not a bad race, Baku is great fast  street circuit 👍👍

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Tks for this :default_sad:

Even with a ‘spoiler Alert’ the results posted are visible when scrolling down topics.

That’s my highlight viewing now pointless :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Griff

Sorry Charlie... Still watch the highlights you won’t be disappointed at all 👍

The drummer in our band was an F1 fanatic and amateur photographer. Post gig he would try to show endless pictures of empty tarmac.
"Yeah you can't quite see it but Senna was there a second earlier. This is one of Nigel Mansell, you can't see him but you can see the rubber he left on the tarmac."

Occasionally YouTube throws some weird video suggestions into my timeline. Why this particular video cropped up I can only guess it was due to me watching James May explain the internal combustion engine...but for 'Race fans around the world' I present the Diecast  Racing League's 2020 Championship Race...