***** F1 Spoiler *****

18 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Gonna be a busy few weeks of racing now back to back… 👍👍

16816CBB-1D6E-427A-80A2-95DB32EF879D.jpeg

Hope I've done this right!!  The race calendar has changed slightly and I believe even Singapore has now been cancelled!  Still a fairly full packed calendar until something else crops up!

Chris

image.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CeePee1952 said:

Hope I've done this right!!  The race calendar has changed slightly and I believe even Singapore has now been cancelled!  Still a fairly full packed calendar until something else crops up!

Chris

image.png

Cheers Chris ... I’m getting confused with the 3 F1 Calendars I’ve got .. F1 . skyF1 and Autosport Lol 😂 There all different so here’s the next few 🤣🤣

4ABB6D75-AFB1-436B-8408-A5D2D5637C3A.png

• Like 1

I’ve seen some bad Behaviour at the Track over the years in all formulas   but this guy should be banned for life ... Not 15 years . 

Google Luca Corberi 2020 world karting Championship final. And watch the video.

Its horrible to imagine if this ever happened in F1..

ACE1B7BA-E307-434F-B6A3-AA93428C2419.png

1 hour ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

I’ve seen some bad Behaviour at the Track over the years in all formulas   but this guy should be banned for life ... Not 15 years . 

Google Luca Corberi 2020 world karting Championship final. And watch the video.

Its horrible to imagine if this ever happened in F1..

ACE1B7BA-E307-434F-B6A3-AA93428C2419.png

He is just a spoilt petulant little brat. And a bully . He needs locked up.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to take issue with the last three posts but I don't think anyone should be banned for life for a single incident, and as a motor sport avid I have seen similar or worse incidents attract far less strict penalties, or even go unpunished. Anyone who knows the background to this incident will know that there is a lot of politics in this decision, something sadly commonplace within the FIA. A lengthy ban yes, with the majority suspended would have been ore appropriate. Calling him a brat and a bully, do you know him? Do you know his previous record? Doubtful, he has no previous disciplinary events on his racing license at all. 

Compare this with Romano Fenati the Moto GP3 rider who grabbed another riders bike at 130mph and pulled the brake lever. Outcome? Suspended, sacked by his team but back racing the following year, despite a long history of disciplinary reprimands. 

Throwing things onto the track? Not even new, I recall NASCAR driver and team owner Robbie Gordon doing it some years ago to deliberately effect the outcome of a race, Outcome? Docked points and fined. 

And as for those Formula 1, people seem to have a short memory to have forgotten the 2008 Singapore GP where Renault team bosses Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds ordered the number two driver Nelson Piquet Junior to crash deliberately to force a safety car, allowing their number 1 driver Fernando Alonso to make up lost time on the race leaders. The ploy worked and Alonso went on to win the race. The outcome. After much political gesturing a five year ban was handed to both the team principles "by agreement" 

I don't condone the young mans actions in any way, but there are other issues involved here, than just the incident you see on the video being judged. 

• Like 1

And to add to your excellent last but one post Paul - 

Michael Schumacher - in todays rules he would never have won seven world titles, his race ethos of win at any cost was despicable with many incidents he got away with, just one that springs to mind was how he took out Damon Hill to ensure he won the championship

But it is nowadays a cardinal sin and not deemed historically acceptable to criticise him due to the awful skiing  accident he suffered, that aside one cannot and should not try to re-write history or brush it under the carpet

Griff 

• Like 4

I'm sure Mercedes were contemplating the undercut and just trying to decide when to pull the trigger when Red Bull beat them to the party and pulled Verstappen in before they could do it. Once that had happened the writing was on the wall, due to the poor performance on the red "soft" tyre.

I found it interesting that since teams are supposed to have stopped using the deformable rear wing Ferrari performance has dropped noticeably, they have gone from being contenders for race wins to struggling in the midfield, whilst the other team using it, Red Bull seem to have lost no performance at all. 

Strange ........

• Like 1