***** F1 Spoiler *****

I think the umbrella was a mistake. But it WAS hot. I was out and about near the racetrack and it was brain numbingly hot.

The Copse Corner incident was not all Lewis, Max turned in too and had made a choice also. The outcome was serious but the same move later on LeClerc had no such serious result. The driver commentators both thought Lewis had pushed it but Toto Wolf made a good defence. 

I am with Paul on the whole. 

• Like 2

I used to enjoy listening to Christian Horner but his comments on Sunday haven’t held substance with me. I got the feeling that he was trying to minimise any comeback from the team’s sponsors and partnerships. I felt he was giving a very biased and blinkered opinion on the incident. I have followed F1 for decades and yes it’s had its high and low moments and always will do, that’s the nature of the beast but his comments regarding Hamilton were really unjustified and he  came over (as far as I am concerned), as someone spitting their dummy out. I do support Hamilton and I enjoy watching Verstappen race but this was a racing incident in my books and should have been treated as such!! (I’ll get me coat!) :default_coat:

Chris

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, CeePee1952 said:

I used to enjoy listening to Christian Horner but his comments on Sunday haven’t held substance with me. I got the feeling that he was trying to minimise any comeback from the team’s sponsors and partnerships. I felt he was giving a very biased and blinkered opinion on the incident. I have followed F1 for decades and yes it’s had its high and low moments and always will do, that’s the nature of the beast but his comments regarding Hamilton were really unjustified and he  came over (as far as I am concerned), as someone spitting their dummy out. I do support Hamilton and I enjoy watching Verstappen race but this was a racing incident in my books and should have been treated as such!! (I’ll get me coat!) :default_coat:

Chris

Chris I think that was the icing on the cake yesterday for Christian.. Remember there have been some heavy exchanges between him and Toto Wolff in the last couple of months..

I mean Toto saying to Michael Masi was classic

“Michael I’ve just sent you an email with diagrams with where the car should be , did you receive that??

Masi “ No Toto I don’t access my emails during a race…. 

I mean a driver has nearly been wiped out and there drawing diagrams. 

I think the teams should have a 3rd car like they use to .. More excitement..

It’s coming back to F1 but still lacking.. They need to have the challenges and attacks like in GP2. & GP3 remember that’s where the next gen Of F1 drivers come from. 

Game on 👍👍

• Like 1

Verstappen has always been known as what is called a hard racer (nothing wrong with that) and Horner loves him for it judging by Horners fist pumps in the garage when all goes well (as do fans) Hamilton is known as being a hard but fair driver and has in my opinion braked and given Max room in the past but it all came to a head on Sunday as many expected would happen sooner than later.

If you take stock of what ex drivers and a couple of team owners have said then it was no more than a racing incident. Somebody earlier mentioned the time not fitting the crime but each team signed up to rules and indeed had an imput of what punishment can be applied. 

• Like 2

Another vote here for racing incident. They had been side by side a few times already. They were side by side approaching the corner. One of them made an error of judgement that's all, not bad driving or vindictive. If they had gone around the corner wheel to wheel as usually happens, everyone would have been screaming, "Great racing, what respect these two have for each other!" Come to think of it, Haven't we heard that before?

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Wow what a result and a fantastic drive from Fernado Alonso great to see him at his best yesterday.. He Definitely still has it .. shame his tyres died near the end… Fantastic battle between him and Hamilton..

Proper racing and another Great start..  Another racing incident crash..

Not the result we was all expecting,  Well done to Esteban Ocon for winning .. And Sebastian Vettel being disqualified from 2nd place.. So everyone jumps up a place…

In the real world Hamilton should of won that race yesterday. But made the big mistake of not pitting like all the rest of the teams for the restart.. 

• Like 3

Teams change names on a regular basis, perhaps their personnel  should follow suit. Christian Whinger, Max Potty-Mouth and Valtery Blotass! 

Great drive by Lewis* Hamilton to pass as many as he did on a very difficult passing track. 

* That's his first name, 'some' don't seem to know it. :default_rolleyes:

Edited by twowrights
Fat fingers!

Yes, great race apart from the first corner incident. Alonso drove brilliantly and I think the continuous pressure from Hamilton finally caused Alonso to lose a bit of concentration and have that lock up (he knew his tyres were getting a bit past it!). All credit to Ocon as well. Vettel’s 2nd place still stands (at the time of posting this) while their appeal is looked at. Slightly off topic but I also watched the BTCC on ITV4 taking place at Oulton Park, I got my quota of motor racing in yesterday :default_icon_e_biggrin:

2 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

In the real world Hamilton should of won that race yesterday. But made the big mistake of not pitting like all the rest of the teams for the restart.. 

The team made the wrong call expecting more rain when nobody did.

If everybody had gone in then the race would of started and who ever was nearest the pit lane exit would of come out leading the totally bonkers race.

28 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

The team made the wrong call expecting more rain when nobody did.

If everybody had gone in then the race would of started and who ever was nearest the pit lane exit would of come out leading the totally bonkers race.

One problem was if he’d gone in with the others, because his pit is at the top, and the time it would take to get there, the other teams would be releasing. He would probably be stuck at 10 th and risking penalties for unsafe release. They probably thought the teams directly behind them would go in after one lap to avoid this. 

• Like 1