Exercise Regime

grendel

2 days with time off for good behaviour, yesterday I walked around the shops, then it was a rush over to take Dad to drop off some bits to Mum, so after spending a few hours discussing stair lifts / internal / external lifts and an extension with a bedroom and bathroom with him and at least getting him thinking about options (apparently the issue with the stair lift is that their stairs are too narrow to accommodate a stairlift, and would necessitate a wall being knocked out and new stairs built, so we discussed other options.

and today I had to walk down to the sorting office and pick up a parcel delivered yesterday, neither trips out as far as I would normally walk, but equally I can say I have done some exercise, and I am busy with other tasks today too

what can I say to excuse myself, a day missed, well it started with doing a little job for a friend, this took longer than expected due to having to learn a new CAD system to do the job, plus only really having time sundays, so sunday the drawing work was completed, then all day yesterday while working running the 3d prints, normally I would have delivered them next sunday, but as I will be aboard on the water, I decided to pop them round personally after work yesterday, well a quick drop off turned into a socially dstanced chat in his garden over coffee (i was their first visitor in 14 months) well we were catching up with the gossip, until suddenly we realised that time had passed and it was gone 6pm, so by the time i had departed and got home it was 7pm and past time to cook tea, so walk missed in favour of some good company which was a pleasure to all of us.

I will just have to take the longer route today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

well as happens getting ready for my holiday intruded and i needed to pop into b&q for some small bits, thus i walked to b&q, then carried on up into the estate and found one of the paths leading ino the woods just past the pond, so it was back through the woods, and a slightly longer than normal route, combined with a shopping trip.maybe 2 1/2 miles today.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well back 3 days and only 2 days of walks, i will be missing today too as it is tipping it down outside, and I have also found that my knees are just not up to daily walks, I get home and the next morning can barely hobble downstairs. I suppose i could look at swimming, but from what I understand thats strictly lanes, and my swimming style requires a good few minutes to catch my breath between lanes, why is this you ask, well natural negative buoyancy for one, and the fact i tend to do lanes in the uncrowded part of the pool, ie along the bottom. that and the fact the swimming pool is too close to drive, so I would be doing about half of my normal walk just to get there.

I do have a plan though.