Times, They Are A Changing!

ChrisB

I do believe there is now a Burger King at North Quay retail park in Lowestoft, should anyone be in the area and desperate to find one! Might try that out ourselves when we get back to the caravan hopefully soon. 

• Like 1

Partly because  of health  reasons, I've not had a Beefburger for about 15 years now.We did stop for a breakfast, loo break at McD Colchester. When going up to Norfolk. Normally having a bacon bap and coffee.

Remember  we would  go to Woolwich  back in the  seventies to McD.The first McD in the UK.Years later when we moved to Thamesmead, we got to know a lady who worked there when it first opened. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Partly because  of health  reasons, I've not had a Beefburger for about 15 years now.We did stop for a breakfast, loo break at McD Colchester. When going up to Norfolk. Normally having a bacon bap and coffee.

Remember  we would  go to Woolwich  back in the  seventies to McD.The first McD in the UK.Years later when we moved to Thamesmead, we got to know a lady who worked there when it first opened. 

Hello Ian I would avoid the bread buns in McD they used to have a 70% sugar content to encourage children to enjoy happy meals, maybe they have gone greener now. 

The first McD in this county opened a month or few back.  They swore on their ancestors' graves that litter won't be a problem.  As we've not been out much, I don't know how that's working out, but traffic flow in that part of Oakham is now a bit messy.

Sorry but thats the same with everything we buy or eat. The seens recently with the warm weather. Litter everywhere, plus flytipping is unacceptable and disgraceful. Its up to everyone to dispose  there own litter. It seems its to easy for people  now to expect others to look after there rubbish. 

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I always thought it was Golders Green. You are correct. Glad I don't bet, I would have had money on Golders Green

Our first visit to Maccy DJ’s was in 1983, a few weeks after we got married. It stands out in my memory as it was our first visit to Milton Keynes. Graham had just graduated and had been offered a teaching job in Bletchley and, as a key worker, was eligible to apply for a rental in Development Corporation housing. We and our bicycles took the train down to MK for a weekend, found a B&B in Wolverton and cycled around the place checking out the different areas to see where we would prefer to live. At the time the Development Corp had a few ‘show homes’ in a few areas where you could check out what type of rentals were available.

Seems a different world.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

We paid them a visit in the first week.The one in Woolwich  is still there .

Remember visiting it when it first opened. There was a wimpey around the corner but the old man said lets try it.

Afterward he said it would never catch on as fish and chips was the only food fit for fingers.

From that moment on poor old wimpeys was doomed.

I miss the Big Bender {not the old man!} and knickerbockerglory

Having to visit Central London due to my job I found that Maccy D's had the best cup of tea or coffee in London for a reasonable price. Much better than the rip off posy tea shops there. Also, I really do like their Mc Muffin, a breakfast in itself. I usually visit the Wroxham one for breakfast and also keep the makings of a Mc Muffin in my freezer at home just in case I get a craving for one. Also a packet of hash browns in the 'fridge is handy.

Also, their ice cream is great and very good value.

• Like 3

I don't mind a McDonalds breakfast at all but tend to forego the hash brown nowadays for health reasons. Their coffee is very good and represents brilliant value.  As far as burgers are concerned my favourite is  Burger King. My absolute favourite "fast food"  of all is KFC but, sadly, all of these are very rare treats nowadays.

It does remind me of when we had one of our pub's in the Lake District  - The Queens Head in Askham, our chef Michael came up with a special "Chicken Burger".....he couldn't make them fast enough! Served with hand cut triple fried chips (whatever they are)...

Screenshot_20210406-223904_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Well you’ve got to take your hat off to the Germans... In Hamburg they have a McDs Drive through for boats 🍔🍟🍔🍟🍔.. 

🤣🤣🤣👍👍

235FC4BD-23E5-4001-AC07-4DFEA8D9A417.jpeg

B73BDA37-F093-4894-86B5-14A6D87CEEC9.jpeg

Well the Germans have one up on the French.

We were moored for the night in the centre of Narbonne and I spied a McDonalds - not a float though, but close enough. I knew the crew weren't ready to cast off so I headed for a McD's breakfast - only I was disappointed as they didn't do breakfast, just burgers etc all day and I couldn't face one of those at eight in the morning.

Mind you it was 15 years ago so things may have changed now.

The Narbonne McDonalds sounds like a poor example. When we travelled in France with the kids, we frequently breakfasted at  McD's. You could get the McMuffins which were much like the ones you get here and a "petit dejuner sale sucre, which was much like the UK's "Big Breakfast". The main attraction for us at the time was cost, where the 15 Euro that the hotels wanted for a croissant, a coffee, butter and jam was out of our budget when multiplied x 4 and McD's came in at around half this price. 

This is a true story from February just gone when my current wife and I were in Spain for the winter, we had been driving for a while and were feeling a little peckish so we went to a McDonalds drive through, this is where Eileen's grasp of Spanish came into its own, after she ordered two cheeseburgers on their own I drove to the payment window scanned my card without checking and then proceeded to the collection window where we were presented with 2 x cheeseburgers......and 4 x happy meals!...including toys... 😄

I had my first ever McDonalds in MK too.. in the centre shopping place...

In fact my only ever McD, 

Sweet buns with burgers ...yuk... and those "fries " are a waste of time..

There are now 9 grams of sugar in a Big Mac, and only 3 grams of that are in the BUN!!

That place is lethal. especially to diabetics..

• Thanks 1