Jump to content

What's This? (only open to NEW members, <50 posts)

Hockham Admiral

Recommended Posts

We have them come up the drain at work(lincoln) and also on the ouse,they get more work there and pile the weed up on the banks,with intensive farming ,meaning hughe amounts of nitrogen /fertilizers leeching into the rivers it ,s the only way to keep the navigation open to boats :wave .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With less that 50 meaningfull posts I claim qualification.

It is a goose scoop/culler.

In many areas the local goose population has become un-hygenically large.

These machines scim the surface collecting the wild fowl. The blades are set to a certain distance, depending on the fowl that needs to be culled, and the machine does the rest.

Those that require the cull are neatly chopped into pet food sized chunks and stored on board ..... the rest slip through the blades back into the river.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Sponsors

    Norfolk Broads Network is run by volunteers - You can help us run it by making a donation

  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.