Sadly Prince Philip Has Died Today

News just in Prince Philip ,has passed away  aged 99.Clearly he had a long and a varied life.I as part of a team cooked for him a few times.He was always entertaining! Not everyone's cup of tea,but I liked him.

Very sad for the Queen and the family. 

RIP Sir .

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Have to admit I always quite liked him, all the so called gaffes were just what everyone else would say in the pub at the time but wouldn't dare say in public speaking, they may not be considered acceptable now but attitudes change along with everything else over the years.

RIP

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Have to admit I always quite liked him, all the so called gaffes were just what everyone else would say in the pub at the time but wouldn't dare say in public speaking, they may not be considered acceptable now but attitudes change along with everything else over the years.

RIP

Yes a one off who wasn't afraid to say what he thought.     Unfortunately, this is the start of the end of an era like we will never see again.   Rest in peace.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Prince Phillip  R.I.P I've always had a huge admiration for him - a breath of fresh air. Did a brilliant job under the most difficult of circumstances - his famous gaffes notwithstanding. Such a shame he did not  make it to his 100th birthday. His take on things will be sorely missed by allmost all of us in some way I'm sure.

Carole

• Like 4

Several years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Prince Philip when I was DJ at a fortieth birthday party on the estate of the Earl of Lowther, the Queen & the Duke were great friends of the Earl and his wife and used to attend Lowther Country Show every year. He wandered over and had a chat with me for a few minutes about the music and my set up, he appeared to be quite interested and came across as a really nice guy....RIP.

I was honoured to meet him when I received my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award. He was great and very witty. I mourn his passing and, like so many, offer my condolences to his friends and family.

I was going to post a photo I came across today but psychicsurveyor already obliged us. I think that photo shows a great side to his character. 

• Like 4