Vacuum Storage Bags

grendel

does anyone use the vacuum storage bags, I bought some yesterday to store some of my ex's clothes until she decides if she wants them or not, the problem I had was i got the first bag out, within 10 seconds one of my cats that just loves chewing plastic had put a couple of vampire punctures through the side of the bag, I patched this up and started loading up the jumbo bag (tone of room, and one of the other cats decided to squeeze past the bag, in the process putting his claws through the bag and ripping a huge hole, no sticking duct tape over that one, so...

anyway, does anyone use the smaller bags when packing to go on board, for instance to reduce the size of stuff in their suitcase / travel bag?, or for storing linens over winter?

Thanks

they come with a pump that runs from a USB cord, but it takes forever with the largest bags, i tried the vacuum cleaner and it was way quicker, just dont let any cats near them. they do shrink down clothes into a much smaller space.