Getting Boats In Ship Shap

Andrewcook

Thanks Andrew,

Gawd knows just how much elbow grease I will use commencing tomorrow morning on an interior / exterior spring clean not to mention changing a fridge door, reinstalling the new upholstery plus a major engine service too.

It's a good bet I might be somewhat weary come Wednesday by the time I set off home again

Griff

9 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

The water pressure in Norfolk will plummet tomorrow and the power usage will surge.

All people will hear is jet washers.

:default_rofl:

If anyone wants sanctuary from all this boat cleaning going on, I'll be onboard New Nyx from about midday. :-)

Guaranteed "free from boat cleaning" zone.

• Haha 4

Better/warmer weather would help. Our first clay shoot yesterday, absolutely freezing on Cawston Heath with snow showers, better today but -3C on terrace at 0600 hrs.

No good for any resin or 2 pack work, or even some traditional finishes.

WATCH FOR ICE ON DECK EARLY MORNING!

We arrived yesterday dropped of some of the gear to make room for food and drink for the week. On our return we started to stow the food and found that the fridge would not come on (replaced 2017). I tried to phone Alex to see if he put a separate fuse in circuit when he fitted it in 2017. 

I had to remove a cupboard door in order to tease it out of the housing. One out my meter measured 12 volts going into the into the fridge. Calls were needed to obtain another fridge Brian Wards were waiting for stock, so were JPC, tom mention Peachment's who had 6 in stock several zoggs later back at the boat and unpacked the fridge. it took about an hour and a half to change over the fridge door opening and fitting the fixing kit trim from the old fridge.

Chris had been filling the water tanks, I switched on the gauges to see the progress of the filling which seemed to be rather slow I could hear running water so the hatches were open to see water running into the bilges. I phoned Alex again to see if he could call in to have a look, he was tied up on another job so it looked like I was going to be in the engine bay to find the leak. As I was going to collect the fridge I met up with Alex going down the marina, he finished his other job early so he would have a look.

I returned with the fridge and Alex had already left, a o seal on the had failed plus another small leak.

It was after 8 pm when we managed to eat. The joys of boating. I had been up from 4.00am so after our meal it was off to bed.  

Regards

Alan

• Sad 1

On 12/04/2021 at 07:51, MauriceMynah said:

If anyone wants sanctuary from all this boat cleaning going on, I'll be onboard New Nyx from about midday. :-)

Guaranteed "free from boat cleaning" zone.

I wish I could join you John. I have just had an e-mail offering to clean the outside of my boat for a good price, as it is looking a bit tatty and "you know what the others in the marina are like. They want all the boats to look tidy".

I continue to pay the river toll, insurance and the moorings and I have also paid for winterising and servicing. If the others in the marina don't like the look of a boat that COVID has prevented me from using since autumn 2019 and probably still won't be able to visit this year, then they are more than welcome to go on board and clean the bugger for themselves.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Vaughan said:

I wish I could join you John. I have just had an e-mail offering to clean the outside of my boat for a good price, as it is looking a bit tatty and "you know what the others in the marina are like. They want all the boats to look tidy".

I continue to pay the river toll, insurance and the moorings and I have also paid for winterising and servicing. If the others in the marina don't like the look of a boat that COVID has prevented me from using since autumn 2019 and probably still won't be able to visit this year, then they are more than welcome to go on board and clean the bugger for themselves.

My response?

it’s clean on the inside and I can’t bloody see the outside when I’m inside. 

Hopefully it’s just a person touting for work and over egging the message. Otherwise I’d be looking for other moorings in future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilB said:

I’m sat outside Stalham Tesco with my dog right now Vaughan.  With the amount of time my wife is taking I could have polished the hull and topsides for you by now!

How is Moonlight Shadow after Neil? Good I hope. I was really pleased to hear that she had been checked regularly during lockdown, cleaned pre first takeover and the water tanks sterilised.