Sutton Broad Wreck Partially Removed.

ES2

By all accounts the top of the wreck at Sutton Broad has been removed and paid for by the land owner.

Although that was one of my favourite overnight mooring spots it is no longer possible to use it due the boat's concrete hull which remains there under the water so do take care there.

Thanks to the land owner for tidying the spot up and I don't blame him for not removing the hull as that could be an expensive task. No doubt it will over the years fill up with silt and be overgrown with reeds.  

3 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

I hate to say "I told you so" but we were debating last year about not wanting to have the job of salvaging a large flat lump of concrete out of a floating reed bed!

Sorry but I am unaware of that thread.

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Don't worry, threads on here have a habit of going off topic, confuses the best of us and especially me!!! :default_biggrin:

I'm not worried, I am quite aware how long standing members of forums of any subject tend to talk down new members with condescending comments.

Water off a duck's back mate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Oh dear!

I am sorry if you thought my remark was condescending, or even aimed at you personally. It certainly wasn't intended to be and reading it back, I still don't think it looks that way.

It seems so easy to offend, these days.

The use of an ! can change the intended tone of a message.

3 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

The use of an ! can change the intended tone of a message.

Pardon? I thought my ! referred to the difficulty of salvage in such a situation.  I think Marshman, talking of the problem, would have used an ! several times!!!!

I shall remember not to use such a potentially offensive punctuation mark in future.  :default_coat:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Pardon? I thought my ! referred to the difficulty of salvage in such a situation.  I think Marshman, talking of the problem, would have used an ! several times!!!!

I shall remember not to use such a potentially offensive punctuation mark in future.  :default_coat:

I didn`t say it was offensive.