River Ant Beware.

Cheesey69

Hi all, 

just cruising on the upper reaches of the Ant when I noticed a small boat in trouble about 5 meters out from what appeared to be a wild mooring. 
I noticed a lot of fresh stumps and more importantly, a network of branches just under the surface with only an odd branch sticking above the surface. 
The boat was alright with a touch of reverse to get out. 
the thing is, these look very inviting and there are a lot of them dotted around up there looking just like the regular stops. 

37 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

Hi all, 

just cruising on the upper reaches of the Ant when I noticed a small boat in trouble about 5 meters out from what appeared to be a wild mooring. 
I noticed a lot of fresh stumps and more importantly, a network of branches just under the surface with only an odd branch sticking above the surface. 
The boat was alright with a touch of reverse to get out. 
the thing is, these look very inviting and there are a lot of them dotted around up there looking just like the regular stops. 

Could you give more of a detailed position Cheesey? Upper reaches whereabouts?

If the current number of boats about carries on I suspect wild moorings will be well used this year, by the end of the season many more will become obvious from the paint/jel coat marks on the banks & tree roots as they were back in the 1970s & 80s. By September when we came it was pretty obvious where it was safe to attempt a mooring.

Stay safe & wear life jacket