Our House.

We've  gas engineers  in now.And no mistakes when it was fitted need to be corrected. Have spent time speaking to  Gas safety  and this engineer. As I said will cost me money ,but needs to be done.Gas safety  confirmed it requires a Gas Compliance certificate,so too does the estate agents. 

21 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Can check with the manufacturer and Gas Safe to see if it was registered Ian. You should have been given a booklet (benchmark) filled in by the installer and at every service by the servicing person thereafter. 

Unfortunately yours is a common tale.

opps, messages above werent showing on the phone screen when I replied.

Yes we have the booklet/service record. Was serviced last August. We tried to contact  the company  that fitted it.Went bust.So we got a Gas safety  engineer. He serviced it.He is now doing the compliance.All done in decision with the Gas safety  people .So now will be done correctly. 

• Like 1

So one offer last Monday,from an investor. Not accepted, another investor this morning very low offer not accepted. Which he improved still to low.Pleased to say a young lady put in a slightly lower  offer. Which we have accepted. She also sent a very nice email about  the house  and us.Always wanted to sell the house  to someone  who cared about  the house and not looking for a quick buck.

We are up to the boat Wednesday. Seven viewings booked Thursday, hope to get the boat out on Friday. Look very much to a pint as well.

• Like 5

That sounds like good news Ian. Good luck with your own viewings later in the week. 

We are still chasing our kitchen installers to get the electrical certificates. They’ve not supplied them since December. Apparently the electrician lost the test results so couldn’t issue them! He should be coming back this week to redo the tests and issue the certificate!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SwanR said:

. . . . . . We are still chasing our kitchen installers to get the electrical certificates. They’ve not supplied them since December. Apparently the electrician lost the test results so couldn’t issue them! He should be coming back this week to redo the tests and issue the certificate!

Sounds like you’ve had some fun with the company that fitted your kitchen, Jean.  We are getting ours fitted by a local company, who are doing everything, including reboarding the artexed ceiling, fitting led spotlights, all necessary wiring, tiling and flooring.  Not cheap, but saves a lot of work sourcing different contractors and there’ll only be one point of contact if we have any issues.

• Like 3

When I was selling mum's house I had a very silly offer from an investor, about £60K below the asking price.  Cheeky blighter then said he would withdraw it within 48 hrs, I suggested he could withdraw it now - I shudder to think what my mum would have said to him!!!

Sold about 2 weeks later for virtually the full asking price, icing on the cake was it sold to a local couple which mum was very happy about as it was quite unusual for locals to afford houses there - I know I couldn't at their age !

• Like 1

my sister is very lucky, her builder doing her extension is not only a perfectionist, but also lives in the house opposite ( and has even been known to stand looking at his house while having a coffee and a biscuit, bemoaning the traffic for his journey home

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Sounds like you’ve had some fun with the company that fitted your kitchen, Jean.  We are getting ours fitted by a local company, who are doing everything, including reboarding the artexed ceiling, fitting led spotlights, all necessary wiring, tiling and flooring.  Not cheap, but saves a lot of work sourcing different contractors and there’ll only be one point of contact if we have any issues.

Yeah let them argue amongst themselves whether a cable or a pipe is going through That Hole! :default_biggrin:

Hope all goes well for you both.

this one is being particularly careful to do a perfect job because my sisters neighbour had a botch job done and does nothing but complain about it while he is working, so he is doing a perfect job just so she has to look at it and compare it to her poor job.

Used to run a small building company a few years back. My daughter had just taken a lease on a shop on Highgate High Street and we were fitting it out as  an estate agency for her. Now Highgate is a very close community very village like with residents determined to keep it that way.  and the plasterers and chippy that had been working on the  site got thorougly fed up with locals putting their heads round the front door asking what the shop was going to be.So they put a notice in the window announcing A SEX AID SHOP OPENING  HERE SHORTLY, FREE SAMPLES TO THE FIRST 7 CUSTOMERS.  Within 2 hours all hell broke out ! With press arrriving. local council officials an all sorts of other interested parties. I left the guilty parties to do the explaining.

Carole

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On our way home. Marina wants to get the cats back home

Yesterday very long day.Started viewings at 9.00 ending 17.45.One we liked very much,have put an offer in waiting to see if we're lucky.Some houses needing lots of work, and some frankly not good.

What didn't help,I felt unwell yesterday. Nots so bad today.Back maybe week after next. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

On our way home,seen three houses. All in Brandon,bit further across all nice.Put offers  in two.Both ends of our budget. Will see how it goes.Fingers crossed.

Brandon is good. However stay clear of the flight path to RAF Lakenheath. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wussername said:

However stay clear of the flight path to RAF Lakenheath. 

Ha - departure route from any airport can be loud.

We live under one of the departure routes from Hamburg airport - take-offs on RWY 33 are typical due to the North / North-West / West winds that are prevelent here.  After 5 NM DME either right turn (which does not bother us) or left turn which brings them right over our house & the local airfield.  For the latter we have been able to negociate new local rules which so far have worked out very good for us glider pilots.

We put in an offer for the first house this morning. It didn't need much building work,but needed decorating and maybe new carpets.It was very doggie. So we offered 5k less.It wasn't accepted. The third viewing three bed bungalow no work required nice quiet Road.So we put in an offer, lot less then the first one.Which was accepted. So its in Weeting,Brandon Suffolk. Okay bit further across from where we first intended.That said not far from Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds.And Norwich. Pleased to say after one of the worse years of our lives,things look to be on the up.:default_winko:

• Like 6