Our House.

That is really good news you must be very relieved the hassel is over - just the big move to accomplish then that lovely feeling of being away on holiday that I've found always follows a house move. Happy days. Every good wish for your happiness in your new home.

Carole

• Like 2

Hope you find your ideal boat solution. I suppose it will depend on how far you want to range on the Broads. I’m sure a lot will envy you if you have a boat based in Martham. Though I suppose you might want to get south of ‘that bridge’ occasionally. LOL.

I think I could happily spend what time I have left afloat, above the Bridge! Seen it all, done it all above and below in a variety of guises but sunny days out in a bygone landscape, and going back to to my own bed, sounds a bit like bliss to me!!!!

I shall probably never forget my best day up there - cranes, kingfisher, swallowtail, otter, marsh harriers in abundance, together with  of dragonflies and damselflies including a Norfolk Hawker - stuff in one day others dream of!! 

Magic for me!! Moored up taking it all in!!

• Like 3

Yesterday  afternoon  I met up with some workmates, for a farewell drink.Just as I got there my phone rang.It was from our Solicitor, to tell me compilation on our house and our house in Martham had completed. So we move Tuesday 26 October. We've  already started making  lots of call changing addresses etc. So after what in reality a short  time,six months, it's been stressful.

• Like 12

Yes Jean,we've  made a list,checking it twice,Santa's coming to town:default_xmas2:.Sorry got side tracked,yes we've  got a list,done lots of phoning to change  addresses ,lots more to do.Today we arranged  delivery of some furniture we've  paid for.Then brought  a new toaster (94p),Thanks due to our points at Morleys.Also arranged for  sky too.So now until we move lots to do.No complaints :default_biggrin:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We're in at last.Wow what a day.The removal  company  got to our house  at 8.30 am. Very helpful,  we supplied them with tea,coffee biscuits .They made off before us.We completed at home(Belvedere) fairly quickly.,Just before  we made off.Only had confirmation about 14.30 this afternoon re Martham. Alan thankfully  picked  up the keys from Howard's. Place still in a mess. Still we're  here.Fish seemed to be okay.Tomorrow Sky fitted Thursday some furniture  coming up.Friday pick the cats up.Odd thing when we got here a chap was hovering around. He said this is odd.Up here there's not that many  of us.It appears  a letter addressed to us went to him.The reason being he's name Is Hathaway. Snap same as us .So We're trying  to relax. 

Some pics before  and after. Not much between the two.

20211026_071318.jpg

20211026_110139.jpg

20211026_193719.jpg

20211026_193739.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

As long as you have, somewhere to wash, somewhere to sit, somewhere to sleep and somewhere to prepare and eat your food. Everything else can wait until later.

Better to get used to the place, then place furniture, rather than plonk it and then have to move it twice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

As long as you have, somewhere to wash, somewhere to sit, somewhere to sleep and somewhere to prepare and eat your food. Everything else can wait until later.

Better to get used to the place, then place furniture, rather than plonk it and then have to move it twice.

Most of that is good,apart from eat.We will be eating  out for a time.Reson being no cooker.New one coming 1 November. Tonight  eating at the Falgate.