Our House.

• 3 weeks later...

Still work to do hopefully a new roof for the conservatory next week weather permitting. 

Now where did I put that mug?

All my beer mugs, tankards were stored in the loft before we got here.Bit sad,but I've collected them since I was a teenager. Mainly British and German From the very large to very very small.

• 1 month later...

Alot since my last post,just before Christmas I ordered and received four ton of topsoil and one ton of sharp sand.Have shifted three and half tons of soil and sand.Today I hired a turf lifter. Not long finished bit of tiding up.Hope to get new grass early spring and get some plants in.

Some before and after photos.

IMG_20211108_121851_682.jpg

IMG_20211108_121852_161.jpg

IMG_20211108_121851_853.jpg

20220127_155036.jpg

20220127_155046.jpg

20220127_155107.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Thanks its been hard work for sure. I've  never seen so many overgrown shrubs. . .

I have.  The ornamental plum tree on the left of the photo of part of our back garden was about 6ft from the bedroom window and taking most of the light.  The drone shot of the front garden was taken after I’d taken some shrubs out, but the conifer hedge on the right was about 6 - 7 ft thick.  It’s taken a huge amount of work to get the front garden straight, but I’ve yet to make much of an inroad in remodelling the back!

0623EF3E-B6AB-446B-8AF2-247BE5EB835A.jpeg

625F059E-F3E1-4FE8-B42C-553B3FEC6C94.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

So lots of work been done on house and garden.New doors on the conservatory. New kitchen finished  this week.Three new windows ,hopefully by the end of the week.New heating next week.Today,thanks to Phil son in law,and Nicola daughter. The turf was layed. In total the garden was hard work.Nearly four ton of top soil and sand.Working on the Garden for about four months. Between Alan our builder,Marina and I.Today Phil and Nicola.pulling out about 10 odd shrubs. At last a nice garden.The first photo going back before we started  work.

Don't  know why some of these pics are side on?

IMG_20211108_121851_682.jpg

20211108_102914.jpg

20220402_135618.jpg

20220402_135602.jpg

20220402_135603.jpg

IMG_20220329_110307_464.jpg

20220329_104844.jpg

IMG_20220329_110307_402.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Garden looks good Ian.  Wish ours was flat and ‘relatively’ easy to overhaul like that.  Getting materials over our ‘hump’ is going to present a whole new set of problems, on top of the fact that we can’t get machinery there easily!

• Like 1

Great to see the progress Ian. It’s so interesting to read how other members are faring who have made the move to Norfolk. Your kitchen looks a similar shape to ours so it’s interesting to see your layout. 

• Like 1

We purchased from Wren. The kitchen itself is fine but we were not at all impressed by the fitters. Wren dealt with the problems and recompensed us without argument. I’m hoping they have dropped the fitters from their list of subcontractors. 

Our kitchen was by Crown Imperial and supplied and fitted by a local company called Coughtrey BDK.  They were based in Griston, but due to the end of the lease on their premises are in the process of moving to Attleborough.  They took care of everything including supplying the appliances, electrics, moving our consumer unit, lighting, plumbing, plastering, flooring, tiling and fitting the kitchen.  Their service was excellent and also would come with my recommendation.

• Like 1

You garden is looking really lovely now Ian. Clearly the product of a lot of very hard work. You must be looking forward to enjoying it during the coming Summer months.When we moved into our present house it was a new build and came with a planted (badly) front garden and an area  of bare earth at the back. We got a couple of quotes to design it  and they came out at many thousands of pounds and didn't include any plants.  It's not even a  large garden maybe 40 ' w. x 45'' long . We were living on our boat at that time and had plenty of spare time so Tony bought some graph paper and decided to design and plant it himself from scratch and he did a splendid job of it. Sadly  I've never mastered the art of  putting photos on here so unable to show you. It's designed to look it's best at this tme of year before we disappear to the boat and is a mass of spring flowers at the moment.

Carole

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...