Getting The Low-down At Thurne

Oddfellow

1 hour ago, grendel said:

whilst on my daily constitutional the other week I heard the familiar hornet buzz of a drone, drowning out the pleasant sound of the bumble bees going about their duties, sure enough several minutes later I came across the operator, flying the thing, not a problem for me, but had i been a young courting couple it may well have been a different matter, there is a lot of responsibility that goes with owning and operating a drone, what one person may not consider intrusive, could well be seen as being a peeping tom by someone going about their own private affairs.

This brings a whole raft of issues with it when the videos are posted online, should someone portrayed in the video take offence, then the website that it is being displayed on becomes responsible for their content and can be liable for prosecution if they do not remove the offending footage, the same goes for any drone footage shot illegaly, while the operator is liable, so is any website that displays the material.

As we have seen these things are being tightened up in law and regulation, eg now requiring licences and certificates to operate, etc

Perception of a problem is an individual thing and often open to horrendous pre-conceptions. In your example of a courting couple, that pre-conception might be that someone is snooping regardless of the angle of the lens and wide-angle nature of it. People often also moan about things like this if they're caught doing some that is itself illegal, illicit or otherwise frowned upon - dare I say that urinating in your garden in full view of a public footpath..... 

• Like 1