Ludham Bridge Boatyard

NorfolkNog

• 4 weeks later...

Will they be ok if some one hung around and did some sketching there - or possibly a painting or two? Or won't Health & Safety allow this these days? I enjoy painting around the broads but find so few places with access to set up. Any suggestions? www.unknownnorfolk.co.uk...

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Jamie, why not go to Maffett cruisers on the North side of the rive at Loddon, and ask John or Linda if they would mind if you looked at the view over the meadow to the church, i`m sure you`ll be inspired. Also, you could ask them if you could look down river from their caravan site next door. The view down river to the moorings at "Pye`s mill" are very pretty and very tranquil. Their no is 01508 520344. They are a very small family run concern, and are very friendly. From a personal point of view, there`s no better way to spend a sunny evening than to sit in their yard and doing a bit of fishing, and looking over the meadow. I`ve seen Kingfishers, and barn owls flying around there, so you may find it of interrest. I hope this helps?.

One question, do you sell ALL your pictures as one offs, or do you publicise them elsewhere, as it would be great to get the mods to do a locked thread with some stunning drawings/watercolours as well as forumites photo`s. Regards and happy sketching/painting.............. Neil.

Brilliant - many thanks DAYTONA-BILL. I'll look into these - probably best to wait till after the weekend though. Thanks for you're help on this. I haven't sold many paintings lately - what with the recession and all, so most of my images are still available. I don't mind what they're used for - if they get some use then that would be better than none at all. I have made a few into postcards though and a couple of shops are selling them around the broads, plus a couple of broads churches - although these I donated free of charge.

All the best, and thanks for the help,

Jamie