Good Morning From Horning..

9 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

Did you get in at redone moorings at Stalham

Good to see you too John, we didn't get in at Stalham moorings it was full of privateeers, its very tight to be honest and only room for maybe 4 boats and its not the best place to turn around. We had a pumpout at Simpson's and they let us leave the boat whilst we walked to Tesco which was the reason for mooring, Simpson's offered us an overnight mooring for £25 which we declined. We then set off for our mooring in Horning but surprisingly there was a space on the BA moorings at 2pm!...so we grabbed it.

I would hope by now someone's put the buoys out, looking at the calendar, it's racing on the river outside the club house today. Ah.. Being still on semi lockdown timetable,  with limited boats, the first race isn't till 10:30, instead of 09:30.. 4 sets of races last around 15:00 start. 

Wish I were there, instead I shall be drilling a hole through the hull for the first keel bolt...

27 minutes ago, TheQ said:

I would hope by now someone's put the buoys out, looking at the calendar, it's racing on the river outside the club house today

They was some sort of a race on yesterday, buoys were out and there were flappy things and a loud buzzer!..

22 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

Am I the only one to enjoy the challenge of going through a pack of hungry sailing boats?

As we speak I have been sat watching the the day and hireboats dodge the various  flappy things, its quite amusing at times..

20210425_124000.jpg

On 25/04/2021 at 09:23, Jemaki said:

They was some sort of a race on yesterday, buoys were out and there were flappy things and a loud buzzer!..

4 race series each at with up to 5 starts at 5 minute intervals, there should be a buzzer to start, and a different one to finish..

Some pictures of the sailing here.. https://www.facebook.com/HorningSailingClub

Next weekend should have been the Horning Boat show on the Saturday, but that got cancelled till next year. On Sunday is a down river race, to Thurne, Three starts at five minute intervals, normally from Woods Dyke, Just down river of the Ferry pub, first start 10:30.

In a case of light winds, the boats may be towed down river to Horning waterworks, to start from there..