Hello To All Here.

Marmalade

11 hours ago, AndyTBoater said:

Love the fact you have kept the patented mast raising/ lowering string. 

Glad you are enjoying Marmalade. 

Andy T Ex Marmalade Owner. 

Hi Andy. She is indeed a lovely boat. We thought the mast raising “gadget” was a novel addition, so decided to keep it. We intend to slowly bring her back to some semblance of her former glory; work, which I am sure, you had already started. But in between times, ensuring she is out on the broads as often as we can.

G&T

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marmalade said:

Hi Andy. She is indeed a lovely boat. We thought the mast raising “gadget” was a novel addition, so decided to keep it. We intend to slowly bring her back to some semblance of her former glory; work, which I am sure, you had already started. But in between times, ensuring she is out on the broads as often as we can.

G&T

Hi

I wouldn't have sold her if it hadn't been for the sudden (and to my wife, unexpected) arrival of Lovejoy, my new favourite thing in the world. 

Hopefully see you around on the rver or at Broadsedge. I have a few old Freeman bits that I dont need anymore so you may find some "unexpected items in the cockpit area" soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyTBoater said:

Hi

I wouldn't have sold her if it hadn't been for the sudden (and to my wife, unexpected) arrival of Lovejoy, my new favourite thing in the world. 

Hopefully see you around on the rver or at Broadsedge. I have a few old Freeman bits that I dont need anymore so you may find some "unexpected items in the cockpit area" soon

That would be so much appreciated Andy. David moved us over to the next set of moorings from the boat shed side. 

Incidentally, and with regard to mast raising and lowering gadgets... I know Marmalade goes under Ludham Bridge as-is (i.e. mast and windows up), and I know she won’t go under Wayford bridge without removing the screens. But what about Potter Bridge? Ever tried “limbo’ing” under that?

G&T

We have done Wayford with just the mast down. I can't remember what height the bridge was showing though. 

It was tight but not impossible. 

Never tried Potter but have seen a couple of 23's do it with screens down. 

Even at Ludham I lowered the mast. It will easily clear with it up but any opportunity to pull a bit of string. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Speleologist said:

There's a man who should be converting to rag and stick!

Don't go there.. the less Mr T Boater has to meddle with the safer the broads are for the rest of us :default_biggrin:

And welcome to the new Marmalade crew from me. You have an excellent boat there

• Like 2