Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

Awww Helen. What a nightmare and typical it happens on a bank holiday weekend, but glad the hounds are settled.   We also didn’t have the best of starts by getting caught up in a queue of cars crawling past an accident so didn’t arrive until it was too late to go out then found the front cabin covered in mould which has never happened before, even after leaving the boat for months during Covid. I had to spend an hour or so cleaning what had been previously spotless when we left the boat last time. 

Hope you can get things sorted quickly 

• Sad 1

Helen, both dogs have a concerned look on their faces. Seren more sad than concerned maybe. Bless them. 

I think the sound of running water when you don’t know where it’s coming from is the worst thing. My mums house had all sorts of wierd water sounds and I’ve been known to get up two or three times in the night just to go and work out where the noise was coming from. Usually just the water softener filling up, but once a split pipe in the airing cupboard. So my nocturnal wanderings were justified. 

Some days you just need to do what you need to do, go to bed and leave the muddle till the next day. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lulu said:

Awww Helen. What a nightmare and typical it happens on a bank holiday weekend, but glad the hounds are settled.   We also didn’t have the best of starts by getting caught up in a queue of cars crawling past an accident so didn’t arrive until it was too late to go out then found the front cabin covered in mould which has never happened before, even after leaving the boat for months during Covid. I had to spend an hour or so cleaning what had been previously spotless when we left the boat last time. 

Hope you can get things sorted quickly 

Eek...I think I would prefer to cope with the water than lots of mould!

It seems to be a bad winter for mould as we have even had some mould in our kitchen this winter I guess it’s the damp air and all the rain we’ve had the weathers certainly making up for the dry summer now ! 

Hope you get your water fixed soon Roy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is definitely a friendly forum! Lots of lovely members have been in touch with offers of help. ( Thanks Mark, Jean and Sam, and to Malcolm for his advice.)

Graham has managed to remove the pipe that led to the water filter and is hoping to be able to get a fitting (cap) so seal off the t-junction. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

I know this is not a very good start to your New Year getaway on the Broads I hope you all have a pleasant New Year that will make up for it all to you Helen & Graham Seren & Pozzic I wish you all aa Happy New Year:594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

Thanks Andrew. A very happy new year to you too.

1 hour ago, Polly said:

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Pauline and everyone else on the forum.

Harry and I just took the dogs out for a final comfort break before midnight. There have been fireworks but they have been tempered by the heavy rain. The fireworks freak Seren out, so fewer fireworks are good. Pozzick isn't phased. 

Rain has eased and we can hear church bells on the distance. I can't help wondering whether they from Ranworth or Horning St Benedict's.

Yes, it's now midnight and the fireworks are starting up. (Poor Seren.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

Wow what a beautiful  morning to be on The Rivers and Broads have a lovely holiday. 

kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

It was indeed. We've finally managed to leave our home mooring. We first went to South Walsham where we had a lovely walk. Currently moored at Acle. It's only about an hour before sunset, so that's our cruising done for the day.

At South Walsham.IMG_20230101_124548440_HDR.thumb.jpg.7292cd35464810d5fae06fa06115fe50.jpg

• Like 12

Flippin 'ek! We all got woken up about 20 minutes ago (just after 7) by the boat being sharply nudged, which set the dogs off barking. Graham looked out but couldn't see any nav lights, but the sailey that was moored behind us last night had gone.

No damage done but...grrr.

It's been quite sunny and we have had a lovely cruise from Acle to Neatishead, stopping off at How Hill for the dogs to get some exercise.

Just as we were leaving How Hill Kate (kpnut) passed us, ironically on her way from Neatishead to Acle (if I heard correctly). Hope we get to meet up up properly Kate. :default_biggrin:

• Like 3

Hi, Helen & Graham as to being woken up at 7 am Nah not me too early getting up from my Dreams of getting up to the Broads in February. As for that twit Captain of his Boat misjudging on maneuvering out from the Mooring How Hill is a very good place for Seren & Pozzic, as well as you & Graham having a nice stroll around  How Hill before setting off elsewhere on your travels have a pleasant day.

• Thanks 1