Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

22 hours ago, YnysMon said:

At the bridge inn. It's very windy here. I didn't bother trying to get into the BA moorings as the wind is blowing off that bank ...we only managed last time with your help. 

We stopped on the Western moorings about an hour ago to buy some milk (the one thing we forgot!) and it was a right pig trying to get off them with the wind. Good entertainment for the couple sat nearby on a bench eating sandwiches 😁

• Like 3

Morning update. We met up with Sam and Graham (Mermaid) at Stokesby this morning and were finally able to have a chat having passed and waved at each other many times. Late morning we set off for the Breydon crossing and are currently about half way across. It's turned out beautifully sunny. 

PXL_20240602_114620997.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Lulu said:

It was lovely to finally meet you both and the  hounds are so adorable  . Have a great rest of your holiday x 

It was great to meet you, Graham and Desmond. 😊

We only went as for as Burgh Castle this afternoon. It's been glorious sitting here in the sun saying hello to passing walkers.

It's the first time we've moored here overnight. One of the electric posts is out of action but for some reason the other had £3.40 on it when we arrived. Only slightly less now as we haven't much plugged in.

If you are on the southern rivers and want some free electricity tomorrow, head for Burgh Castle!

By the way, during an afternoon walk I discovered that there's a pub in the village, though the Fisherman's Inn does appear to be open. 

• Like 5

We started out from Brugh Castle fairly early this morning, around 6 am. We initially went to Hardley Cross moorings via Berney Arms (rather than trying to negotiate St Olaves near high tide). 

We stayed at Hardley Cross, until mid morning, when we made our way to Loddon. 

• Like 2

3 holiday tales from the south all at once. So tempting.

I absolutely MUST have a longer trip down there this year. Tony’s said he’d enjoy another trip south, even with me giving him such a surprise experience through the Yarmouth bridges and across breydon in April. I’ll try and persuade him for September. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

YnysMon Loddon is a beautiful Basen and town to visit there is a Church near there to visit make sure you Boat moves at high tide.

I've visited Loddon church a few times. This time I went to Chedgrave. The vicar happened to be in the church at the time and she told me that their east window had been boarded up until a couple of days ago. Their window has been restored having been vandalized an year or two ago. It's an unusual window, made up of panes of medieval glass that the vicar told me had originated in Germany. At least the Germans sold it rather than smashing it up! 

• Like 3

We had another early start this morning. Left Loddon at 6am. Currently (08:45) making our way up the Waveney, just passing the Easter Island mooring. 

• Like 3

How embarrassing! I've always thought that people who get themselves stuck on the bank/on the reeds were idiots. Well, I was that idiot today. Thank goodness Silver Cloud was passing and was able to pull us out.

A momentary distraction by the dogs whilst Graham was lowering the canopy in preparation for Somerlayton bridge was enough (water levels look very high today).

Yesterday we went from Loddon to  Beccles. Today we are on our way back up north. We had intended to go to Oulton Broad, but the Copper Smokehouse is closed on Wednesdays. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

I've always thought that people who get themselves stuck on the bank/on the reeds were idiots. Well, I was that idiot today. Thank goodness Silver Cloud was passing and was able to pull us out.

A momentary distraction by the dogs whilst Graham was lowering the canopy in preparation for Somerlayton bridge was enough (water levels look very high today).

Boats have a habit of doing the unexpected Helen, just when you’re not looking (literally, 😂)

• Like 4

Yesterday evening we ended up on our home mooring just before 8pm. We had intended to seek out a wild mooring today, but reading Chris' post about the Andalucia reminded us that we would like to see her, so we went off to Great Yarmouth by car instead.

Graham wasn't sure about paying £12 each to board her and have a look around, but it was worth it.

PXL_20240606_101529620.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Guess where we are moored...

PXL_20240607_133440950.thumb.jpg.afebad5e3920c4949e0b95431d4369ae.jpg

(Hint, we are on the Ant.)

No idea but I’m supping a pint of Miss E Malt in the Lion at the moment :default_beerchug:

Chris

• Like 4

Yup! Johnny Crowe's staithe. We didn't get here until about 2.30pm either, as we had stopped off at How Hill for lunch, a visit to the secret gardens and a dog walk, so it's a miracle that someone else hadn't bagged it.

PXL_20240607_143806213.thumb.jpg.aacbbf4e2232a28e3b0ca190728d53ea.jpg

PXL_20240607_143933095.thumb.jpg.ec45ba162fb68db51a521f04be2312fa.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CeePee1952 said:

No idea but I’m supping a pint of Miss E Malt in the Lion at the moment :default_beerchug:

Chris

Chris, I've decided to cut down on my drinking and have just one glass before bed, I went to bed four times last night :default_biggrin:

Oh Helen, I do love that mooring, do enjoy and what a lovely evening to enjoy it

Grace x

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3