Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

At our recent AGM there was some chat about the interior woodwork getting a bit tatty and getting a quote from someone to do it, so Graham suggested that he have a go at one area to see if other members think it’s up to standard before doing any more. He used to do quite a bit of woodwork when he was younger. It would cost us an arm and a leg to get Brooms to do it. It’s not the sort of thing they cover within our contract.

That makes sense now, thanks for clarifying. 

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

A peaceful night, but not such a peaceful morning. I woke around 6, despite hoping for a lie-in this morning. A couple of fishermen were chatting nearby.

:default_badday:

A couple of loud bangs on a frying pan just above the water might scare the fish away. Revenge is sweet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We got to Dilham! Only just about though...about an inch to spare at Watford bridge. Now sitting in the sun with the roof down on another lekky point. Bliss. Can't believe it's so warm in November.

I won't attempt to post a photo as the signal here isn't the strongest. Better than a few years back though, when it was nil.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Are you at Potter just got back home did some shopping and lunch  looks like the boat moored close to the bridge.

I think that both Moonlight Shadow and Evening Shadow were moored there, stern to stern.

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Are you at Potter just got back home did some shopping and lunch  looks like the boat moored close to the bridge.

Yes we are. Just got back from Latham's before the heavens opened.

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

I think that both Moonlight Shadow and Evening Shadow were moored there, stern to stern.

Yes we were, but they left for pastures new just before we went to Latham's  We started off moored behind Thunder and moved behind Evening Shadow when they left. Had a nice chat to both boat's crews before they left.

• Like 4