Tales Of The Unexpected?.........

vanessan

working in a company that installs gas and electric supplies, we have been told that new installations of mains gas are being phased out, this is due to the carbon footprint targets. I do know that some trials are in place to replace current natural gas with straight hydrogen gas, its just a case of making the system proof against misuse and thus explosions. but in essence gas is being phased out as a household fuel.

Hi Berkshire ovens our old gas grill in oven was much better these electric grills,they dont seem to do my kippers as quick or as good as the gas one, perhaps it's a user problem as we have always had gas before until now, still have a gas hob fortunately, but fuel bill now £13=00 instead of £140=00 a month so shouldn't grumble, theirs just so many touch controls and different settings on the knobs and no grandson available when you want one. John

• Like 1

Air Heat  boilers reputedly use £1 =00 to-get £3=00 of heat but water temp is lower so they work well in under floor heating but not radiators, i looked into this and where they would be cheaper over all i was concerned about the noise of the fan was told they where quirt but so are new car engines when new but as they get older they get noisier, ground heat sink is best/cheapest to run but you need a lot of garden to bury the pipes 6 foot plus below ground so ended with gas boiler that in the future can be changed to air heat but as only using 10 to 30 pence a day for heating not a issue until gas runs out. John

• 1 month later...

My inlaws have just had an air source heat pump system installed using the green homes grant. This is a full system installed into an 1800s single brick house! No gas supply in the town and it’s replacing open coal fire and wood burner. Radiators are quite large and triple. Time will tell if the heat is enough come winter but I suspect the wood burner will be needed on the colder days. It’s heats the water also and I couldn’t hear the outside fan running.