Broom Bolero

Daveyboy1959

like any boat, you will be better off not bringing suitcases, use soft bags that can be squashed down for storage, or unpack your bags and leave then in the car, stowage for suitcases on most boats is just not there and you will find yourself tripping over them all the time.

• Like 3

Looking at the boat I would assume that storage is limited.      We always bring the kitchen sink and so like yourself storage is a must.  I expect there will be nooks and crannies that you can pop items in, ie ,  under the bed , seats etc.   Also to note,  when we went on their Captain boats,  the old fashioned cigar type plug is was not available it was all USBs.   Best to check with the boat yard.

• Thanks 1

Had a look at the 360 tour of the boat , TBH for a two berth boat the storage looks to be more than most boats I’ve seen , a large hanging wardrobe ans two cupboards in the bedroom is generous for a week , looks like there a street wage under the saloon seating , plus a large shelf on top of the engine boxing 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Daveyboy1959 said:

Hi everyone with have booked 1 weeks holiday on the broom bolero can anyone tell me what the storage is like on the the boat.

Thankyou Daveyboy 1959

We are regulars at Brooms if you ring 01603 712334 and speak to Jacqui at the yard and she will tell you what the storage is like on Bolero .. There’s normally under floor storage on there boats 👍👍👍.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Hired Bolero 2 (built 2015) about 4 times a few years back. I think the 360 degree view gives a good idea on the Broom website. It's a lovely little boat, easy to handle and the yard is very friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble unlike the other major yard in Brundall although Broom appear to have put their prices up somewhat. I see from the tour most things are unchanged however they appear to have added carpet to the saloon. I suspect this is because the table was scratching the wood flooring. I have to say I am not a lover of the latest wood or vinyl flooring or upholstery which appears to hark back to the 70s, I am sure it looks good however when I wake in the night or morning I like my feet to land on something comfortable and relatively warm particularly out of season. The carpets they fit are proper pile variety not cheap flotex. 

As to the question most of the storage is in the rear cabin there is a full height wardrobe behind the mirror and a large double doors cupboard and shelf above. Believe also two drawers under the rear berth which was interior sprung when we hired. The saloon has two drawers under the settee and a small covered area, there is also a small cupboard on the right of the settee. The shelf behind the settee is sat upon one of the galley cupboards not the engine, this is rear mounted and relatively quiet. The galley is well equipped however they didn't include a colander when I hired, the Fridge is an okay size however a little smaller than Silver Coral and Brinks Encore which are similar boats. When I hired Bolero 1 and a 2 burner hob and number 2 had a 3. Hope this is some help, either way you will have a great time

Neil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

North of £30sq. m

Cheap as Chips - Try fitting out with the upvc carpet mats by Trimnet.  Way more than £30 per m2 don't have the actual priced to hand but - top quality and still looks like new - well chuffed

Then there is our upholstery material, that came in at over £100 per m2 but again top quality, we will see how long that lasts

Griff

Sorry chaps, to be honest I don't know the pricing of flotex so I bow to your greater knowledge, consider it more of an opinion on my experience of craft when it is loose fitting and not properly cut Vs properly fitted carpets or flooring.

Neil

When I was a licensee I was looking for a carpet to lay in the saloon bar , My late father was a furniture and carpet retailer all his life (and three generations before him) , initially I was going to have Flotex carpet tiles laid as they were known to be durable and hard wearing , I mentioned it to my father and he told me I could purchase a hotel “high traffic area” Axminster carpet which was equally as durable more comfortable underfoot and quieter for two thirds of the price .

We went down the Axminster route , in the 80’s it cost me £7k the Flotex would have been in excess of £9k, when I sold the business years later the carpet still looked as new 

• Like 2

The reason Flotex, or similar, is used is that it is waterproof and as such is easy to wash down.

I know of one sailing boat yard, who have two sets and change the flooring every week and wash down the one not being used! Try that with your Axminster!

• Like 1

I am thinking of Flotex for the caravan, but am I the only one who hates the feel of it underfoot? I used a high traffic cheapie for Brilliant from Carpetright that was good on a boat, but agree that Axminster is the bees knees in non marine settings. Coming from Kidderminster and a family where carpet weaving goes back generations, I admit to a certain bias. 😊

• Like 1

i know of a certain ferry firm that did a full refurb of one of their fleet, the interior designers decided to use the high wear axminster product to redo all of the carpeting, as in those days this was considered the hardest wearing, unfortunately when the inspectors came on board they rejected it as it didnt have the correct fire rating for marine use, so they had to redo the job using the correct marine stuff.