Online Harms Bill

17 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Take your time,  I have a whole jokes thread to copy before someone tells me I am offended by it.

Sorry peeps, not a good day today. I shall put the keyboard away before I get moderated

Sorry to add to your woe Dave. You will have time. 

its in the hidden secret members area, visible only to the select few, which reminds me it must be about time I went through the members list to see who is now eligible for access (I check every 3 months - or when i remember. though access is reliant on making sensible posts (remind me , how did we grant Jayfire access) ok mostly sensible posts.

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Of course I don't or want to own the forum. I MUST of missed the joke.Others seem to think it's funny.Not sure why you mentioned my name.Please tell me.

Ian - there are other Ians who are members. Plus one who is a moderator and more. 

I'm  happy to be corrected but comments seemed to be aimed at me.As yet no one has said if it's me or someone  else.The fact remains other have thought my comments  are funny.All I've simply  said is in reply to the new act is perhaps start a new page with the joke section. If others disagree that's fine, unlike some I don't  have a problem  with that.

12 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I'm  happy to be corrected but comments seemed to be aimed at me.As yet no one has said if it's me or someone  else.The fact remains other have thought my comments  are funny.All I've simply  said is in reply to the new act is perhaps start a new page with the joke section. If others disagree that's fine, unlike some I don't  have a problem  with that.

Ian I think that the reference was to Maxwellian not yourself. 

6 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Surely the easiest and safest answer is to delete the Jokes section and start again.

excellent idea get's my vote. Not just the most thorough way to eradicate anything that may foul foul of the new legislation but also the  easiest for our peskies.

Carole

Guest Jayfire
4 hours ago, grendel said:

its in the hidden secret members area, visible only to the select few, which reminds me it must be about time I went through the members list to see who is now eligible for access (I check every 3 months - or when i remember. though access is reliant on making sensible posts (remind me , how did we grant Jayfire access) ok mostly sensible posts.

Oi, I make some sensible posts. I think. Don't I? Once. Many, many moons ago. Maybe not

Which reminds me, I really should head back over to the jokes thread :default_norty:

5 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Is the legislation to be applied retrospectively then?

I doubt any legislation could be made retrospective, I also have no problem with any changes that are felt necessary to comply just hope we don't end up with overkill, many sites require an age declaration with a  simple yes or no button no other verification necessary.

Fred 

Guest Jayfire
9 minutes ago, vanessan said:

You might get deleted along with the jokes 🥺

Nah, I might not have been myself recently but you still can't get shut of me that easily Mrs V :default_norty: