What is your job??

Guest Lag1rich

It's a good point that most people could afford a boat at some level if they wanted it and were prepared to make sacrifices.

We don't do holidays at all other than the boat, boat on the East Coast as it is around 25% of the cost of South coast boating and moor on the Norfolk Broads to give affordable use of the boat as opposed to being Sea based.

self employed graphic designer and printer and engraver of gifts and 100s of pet tags a week! and in my spare time I recycle alcoholic beverages into another fluid, not for drinking!

Currently I work in a boatyard, but if I can sort out a few things (like PI insurance), then I'm hoping to move into marine surveying.

Edited to add:

I have just about been able to buy a boat and run it for at least a year (hopefully longer), but it's only a 17' yacht, and I did spend literally months waiting for the right boat to come up at the right price - I've since spent more than I paid for the boat on tolls, insurance and a year's mooring. If it got too much to run, then I may consider downsizing to something that I can keep on a trailer in a boatyard and launch when required, as that'd drop the annual running costs by more than 50%, but I'd only do that if I really had to.

Currently I work in a boatyard, but if I can sort out a few things (like PI insurance), then I'm hoping to move into marine surveying.

Sorry for the Fred Drift but it might be worth looking at GJW for your marine trades and PL insurance, I recently went over to them. They were very competitive and the people you talk to know the marine business really well.

I did find that mainstream insurers now run a mile as soon as you mention marine public liability, for most trades you can even get it online for bus fares but the word marine does seem to scare the living daylights out of them.

..........depends which outfit ive got on!!

.......wearing a pyjama like outfit and wielding a mallet-assisting an anaesthetist get you off to sleep :naughty:

........have been known to give a good pummeling on the couch.......all in the name of therapy of course!!

......pinny-cook

......hat-taxi

......bullseye........target for teenage angst!!

......a few others but not for on here!! :lol::lol:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Aircraft engineer building composite interiors for most of the worlds major airlines ............... And the company i work for don`t even negotiate discounted (not free) air travel for us mere mortals (employees) with any of their customers. Anybody seen that advert where the airline attendant is pushing a cart through an Emirates 380 being assembled around him?. When he gets to the hostess working behind the big round bar, I BUILT IT (the round bar that is, not the 380).

A manager in local government which according to some of the more right wing daily newspapers means that I'm underworked, overpaid and have a huge pension waiting for me when I retire!

Yeah right! :mad:

However I am hoping to start a career as a coronation flag seller ;)