SOMERLEYTON - Oh Dear not again! (Again!)

MY littleboat

Again not working - just in time for the weekend!

http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boat ... -news.html

Somerleyton Bridge – Not operational

Network Rail have informed us this morning that Somerleyton Swing Bridge is closed to river traffic due to the failure of an isolating lever . They will update the Broads Authority as soon as the fault has been rectified.

I seldom swear.............

But what a BLOODY pity it doesn't ever stick OPEN............. :cry:cry:cry

Yes, but this would mean the trains would plop into the water creating an underwater hazard!!!

That's quite topical really as I've just got round to reading the June Broadsheet from the wonderful BA

There's a really nice pic of Somerleyton bridge on the front page if anyone is interested :naughty: Tin Hat ON!!

Hi Ian.... here's the post:-

Somerleyton Bridge - Not Operational

Although the bridge is currently not operational, Network Rail have informed us that engineers will be attending as soon as possible and it is hoped that the bridge will be open soon. Just a reminder, two red flags flying at the bridge indicates it is currently not operational. Please check with Broads control on 01603 756056 for up to date information on the bridge if required.

So, hopefully not too long...

Spoke to BA, they say NR are confident of fixing it with a medium sized hammer and that it should be operational tonight. apparently a pin is bent.

Relieved at receiving assurances that everything would be fine I gave Great Yarmouth a ring to find out what time I could get out out in the morning. Well you didn't expect me to believe a word they tell me about the bridge did you? :evil::crycheersbar

Has anyone got the telephone number for Somerleyton Bridge? Broads Control told me to phone back around 5pm, phoned back at 5.02 pm and it looks like they have gone home.

Phoned Network Rail and they didn't know they had a bridge at Somerleyton but were prepared to register a complaint about not knowing if their bridge was working. Helpful. :evil: