I Thought No One Was Flying Anywhere?

Hylander

1 hour ago, floydraser said:

I'm sure by now Griff, you've casually dropped this into a conversation:

"Goodness me Darling, what a coincidence. There just happens to be a fine looking shooting club right next to the runway which I think may be open the day after my flight." Obviously translated into Proper Yorkshire. :default_coat:

no, thats not the correct approach, you start out with, I hear the hotel has a lovely spa, I will treat you to a luxurious morning at the spa, since the spa can do nothing to make me look better, i will just have to console myself with a mornings shooting at a little shooting club i spotted next to the runway

Guest Jayfire

What the????? :facepalm:

I think what you mean is....look love, don't go making any plans for me at the weekend, I'm flying and then I'm going shooting the following day. Why don't you spend the time to yourself getting all spruced up and I'll take you out for a small white wine when I get home, oh but don't forget to have me tea ready first, I'll be famished

Lemme know how you get on Griff, thank me later :default_hiding:

8 hours ago, HEM said:

You ever been in a glider?

I won't go deeply into the subject (which is important if you are on a 7-hour flight or even longer - especially at my age) but polish gliders do generally come with a "Pee-tube".  Don't fly close behind one.

Much like a Transit van (others are available) tearing up a motorway on a friday afternoon getting the lads home for the weekend after a week away you mean.

13 hours ago, RumPunch said:

..... there were another 2 or 3 gliders in. Late in the day, lift failing, on a cross country, they had little option.

Next day a Pawnee tug came in and took them out again

Having (carefully) researched Pawnee tug online viz the piper aeroplane I was fascinated to find this is the maritime equivalent of a canvas canoe. I think I can recall seeing such planes spraying over broadland fields in the 1970s. Very distinctive with the high cockpit, right tool for the job!

Pawnees are pretty tough & the pilot is reasonably well protected in the event of a crash (risk with crop spraying).

(I don't have a license for power planes - just gliders & motorgliders).

• Like 1